Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fiat punto gearbox

• 02-09-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

i have a 00 punto i was told that the bearings in the gear box were gone,
    i checked the the gearbox chamber and it was empty no oil. so i filled it up
    it is very hard to get into 1 and 2nd gear. and makes an terrible sound.

any suggestions and would it be it cost to to get gearbox sorted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭David09

Secondhand gearbox in or around 150. About the same in labour to fit it. Add about another 100 if it needs a clutch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

punto parts are cheap and everywhere. I saw a punto gearbox on DoneDeal the other day.....and lots of puntos for breaking .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Pay no more than €80 for a box. Try to get a post 02 box with the bolted diff

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mick gtt

Have a good one there came out of a 01 punto only 80k on it

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BarryAlistair

Hey guys - I heard a 1.6 Punto gearbox would be suitable for a Multipla - do you know if this is correct please?
    Best
    B Arry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd say you'd have more luck with a marea gearbox.
    Brava pre 98, post 98 and marea all have different final drive ratios, marea Is closest to the multipla (but not the same)

Hi Colm, thanks so much for replying....

I'm not quite sure what is meant by "Brava pre 98, post 98...." ???

Would a final drive ratio just make the acceleration through the gears change, and would a different final drive ratio fit the Multipla in any case?

Thanks again.
    Barry

What I'm trying to avoid is buying a box, only to be told that I have to buy other items to make it work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Hey guys - I heard a 1.6 Punto gearbox would be suitable for a Multipla - do you know if this is correct please?
    Best
    B Arry

As in a 94 - 96 Sporting? They are ultra rare

I would also advise on what Colm has said

As for pre 98 there was a facelift in 1998 with a new range of engines
    What I'm trying to avoid is buying a box, only to be told that I have to buy other items to make it work!

They fit just the ratios will be out. You might end up with a fast accelerating car with poor economy at high speeds

Advertisement