Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marino Refund of Fees Scheme

Options
  • 20-04-2015 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

I've just applied through this scheme before the closing date last week, so fingers crossed. I'm not expecting to hear anything until mid-August, but just wondering if anyone has received funding from this and approximately what percentage of their fees did they get back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

mockingjay wrote: »
    I've just applied through this scheme before the closing date last week, so fingers crossed. I'm not expecting to hear anything until mid-August, but just wondering if anyone has received funding from this and approximately what percentage of their fees did they get back?
    I did a few years ago...I think I got about 30% (give or take). Wasn't much to get excited about in my case but better than nothing...it varies greatly from year to year I heard though !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Tax relief too!!! (Read the fine print:pac:)

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/it31.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

mockingjay wrote: »

I got it in 2010 and it was 38% of my fees. I got the cheque in late July I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got it 2 years so far, varying percentages. You should get an email saying they have your application

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

The website states "We hope to notify applicants on the outcome of their application by September 2015", but no word yet and we're nearly there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

I know this is a year old thread but it might be useful for people searching in future. I received 18% by cheque today for my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

When do you apply to this after completely finishing a course or year to year

Year at a time. The money that I got in August 2016 is for the payments I made in the 2014/2015 academic year, after applying in April 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Tax relief too!!! (Read the fine print:pac:)

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/it31.html

Just to repeat for Messers down the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Moody_mona wrote: »
    I know this is a year old thread but it might be useful for people searching in future. I received 18% by cheque today for my application.

Good to know this, but also a bit disheartening as in 2012 I got about 37% back from the Marino scheme alone, although the following year it was about 25%.

What with the much reduced tuition tax refund scheme - I got a paltry 9.6% of last year's €3,740 fee back - the total refund between tax and the Marino scheme will be about 28%, although the way things are going they'll probably reduce that 18% further by the time I can apply next April. And of course there's no longer study leave never mind pay for extra qualifications. There's not much financial sense anymore in our "reformed" education system for any teacher to work towards additional qualifications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Teapot30

Hi everyone, I know this is off topic but I cant seem to find info or get replies to my threads regarding this, ive been accepted to the hdip in further ed course in Marino and im just wondering what the college and staff are like and if the college is well regarded? I got accepted to Maynooth also but issues with transport and finances will be a problem if I decide to go there. Would it be worth it to go to Marino or should I invest in Maynooth? Any help or info would be really appreciated. Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭nightpark

Hi all. Was wondering if everyone has got any update on the fee refund for 2017. I applied in March and got an acknowledgement but haven't heard anything since. Cheers.

I received 15% directly into my account in late August, the correspondence was via email.

Advertisement