Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study in Scotland, teach in Ireland.

Options
  • 14-04-2015 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,

I'm new on here and I'm hoping (and pretty sure!) there are people who have been in a similar position to me and will be able to offer some advice.

I completed my PGDE in Scotland last year and fingers crossed I will have successfully completed by probationary year by the end of June. Though I have been living here for a while the option of returning home to teach has been going through my mind more recently and it is something I would like to do. I realize that jobs seem pretty hard to come by and this is obviously something I need to carefully consider.

I feel pretty out of the loop with the curriculum at home and was just hoping to see if anyone has any advice to offer about the whole scenario!

Thanks in advance,

Michelle :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Primary?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Meshell5

Primary?

O yeah would be helpful if I included that! Yes I'm primary.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

To work here you will need to get garda clearance and be registered with the Teaching Council, both of which can take time, so get on it!

Advertisement