Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla Addon Query

Options
  • 09-07-2009 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a component that allows me to assign file downloads to specific users. Or even categories of the download component per user. ATM I am using phoca download as I guessed like the gallery component made by the same crowd it would allow me to assign files per user.
    Not so.
    Does anyone know of a component where I can achieve this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

DOCman is a document management and download system for Joomla. With this component your users can easily upload and manage files across multiple categories and make them available for download on a your Joomla websites.

Main features:

* Infinite categories and subcategories. The documents can be organized across custom categories and subcategories;
    * Files can be hosted locally or on a remote server
    * Access control: Documents can be assigned to specific user or to custom groups of users
    * Download counter and log. You can display a download counter per document and all the downloads can be logged (by user, IP, browser, date and hour);
    * Own search system. Documents can be searched by name and/or description. The search system integrates with Joomla! using an optional mambot;
    * Anti-leech system. The built-in anti-leech system avoids direct linking to documents;
    * Path protection. Real paths to documents are never displayed to users;
    * Themes: The layout can be changed using custom themes;
    * ... and much more!

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/82/details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

nice one thanks

Advertisement