Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this from?

Options
  • 23-05-2012 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember an ad on telly years ago which had the line "Take it away Vera" ? What was the ad for and about? My girlfriend remembers the phrase but not the ad and I don't remember any of it. It's driving us crazy not knowing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bartron

Did you ever get a reply to this query. This same phrase came into my head recently and I have asked everyone if they can remember the ad. I think it was an animated ad. I googled it and this is how I got to here. Hopefully you did find out and you can put me out of my misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

Ah why oh why did I look at this thread???:(
    Did it have a monkey in it???.
    Its on the tip of my brain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭gipi

Salt001 wrote: »
    Ah why oh why did I look at this thread???:(
    Did it have a monkey in it???.
    Its on the tip of my brain :)

I thought it might have been one of the PG Tips "chimps" adverts too - couldn't find it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

gipi wrote: »
    I thought it might have been one of the PG Tips "chimps" adverts too - couldn't find it though.

According to wiki, it doesn't come up on their list of slogans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PG_Tips#Slogans

This is driving me mad now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bartron

I e-mailed fixitfriday on Today FM about a week ago, to see if they can solve it. I didn't hear anything back yet but if I do i'll share it on. For some reason. For some reason an animated scene comes into my head and a bread van or a lorry pulling away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 rustymetal

Youtube.com/watch?v=WVf1lClfBng

Can't post link sorry.

Advertisement