Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Account - No Utility Bill

Options
  • 28-10-2014 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello I live and work in Clondalkin but I only rent a room and therefore have no utility bills. When I go into a bank they insist on photographic id (no problem) and a utility bill which I don't have. Work now insist on paying me into a bank account and I haven't got any details for them. Can anybody help? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

daash wrote: »
    Hello I live and work in Clondalkin but I only rent a room and therefore have no utility bills. When I go into a bank they insist on photographic id (no problem) and a utility bill which I don't have. Work now insist on paying me into a bank account and I haven't got any details for them. Can anybody help? Thanks

Ask your bank if they will take a letter from your employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Legislator wrote: »
    Ask your bank if they will take a letter from your employer.
    Probably won't do. The utility bill is used as proof of address: it's a bit more solid than, say, a birthday card sent to you at that address.

In the (I suppose unlikely) event that you are registered to vote at that address, the bank will accept an entry in the electoral register as sufficient.

Failing that, I suggest that you ask the bank what they will accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

Do you have anything with that address on it e.g. tax credit cert from Revenue, car insurance policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I opened a bank account a few years back using the voting registrar as proof of address. Maybe you can do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daash

I went into the bank with my Dad and his utility bill and registered my account as if I was still living at home. I will give it a couple of months and see if I can get them to change my address.

Thanks everyone for your kind advice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement