Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[ Mod Recruitment ] Forgotten Hope (for BF1942/BF2)

• 10-03-2005 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica](not sure if this is the best forum for this, as it's fairly unpopulated; shame I can't cross post to art/anim frown.gif)

Howdy,

As the title suggests, Im writing this to advertise vacancies in the "Forgotten Hope" mod (second in fileplanet's" game modification of 2004 contest) I work on the mod under the name "Montoya"

We're a realism-oriented modifcation for bf1942, and with BF2 coming up, we're looking to hire more animators, character modellers(preferably someone who can do both of these disicplines) & are always on the lookout for more talented skinners, modellers etc. So this is the best community for Irish game-makers smile.gif
    We're also looking for Python & C++ coders to work on the scripting for the BF2 engine when it arrives.

PM me if you are interested, or simply reply to this thread with any relevant queries; our website address is http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com

Thanks smile.gif
    [/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

What 3d modeling programme would you have to use, what are the possible formats the files can be extracted as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Any modelling programme that supports the official SDK tools is fine - so that includes Milkshape, 3DS Max, I dont have it installed on this machine, but I think it supports Maya and the other major apps (I think)
    BF uses it's own file format .ske for the skeleton of animated elements, and .skn for the skin of the element... at the moment we just have basic bones for tank track warping, but with BF2 we will need someone to weight and export bones for player characters, faces etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I have touched on milkshape but wasnt a fan and , weird as it may sound i have no experience with 3dmax (mayby because its not freeware :o ). Im currently working with blender3d but its more a rendering programme than anything.

Advertisement