Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Web Service

Options
  • 29-01-2014 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

Pretty much a Noob question also.

I am trying to send information (just a couple of doubles) from one generating application to another.
    The second application would be using the doubles in a database and graphically displaying information, related to them.

Locally I can just use a writer to mimic this transfer but I need to be able to do this remotely.
    I have been told that a Web Service can do this but in all my trawling for info (and I mean bloody trawling) I can not find some simple real world examples of something that will do this.

Does anyone have a link to a tutorial that explains what they are and how to use them?

Comments

Advertisement