Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just installed JCreator on new laptop. Error

Options
  • 24-01-2014 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭

I get this message when I try to compile
    Error : Invalid path, \bin\javac.exe -classpath C:etc etc

I've installed JDK.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

I get this message when I try to compile

I've installed JDK.

Any ideas?

You need to add the jdk to your path.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

ChRoMe wrote: »
    You need to add the jdk to your path.

I'm new to it so bear with me.

I've tried adding the JDK path from where it's saved in Program Files through 'Configure' in JCreator. Didn't work. Tried it through Environment Variables in Advanced System Settings. Still didn't work.

Same error comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

I'm new to it so bear with me.

I've tried adding the JDK path from where it's saved in Program Files through 'Configure' in JCreator. Didn't work. Tried it through Environment Variables in Advanced System Settings. Still didn't work.

Same error comes up.

Have you rebooted since adding it in environment variables? Windows needs to restart before it recognises it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Holy Hand Grenade

I've never used JCreator, but couldn't the invalid path have anything to do with the source path instead of the JDK path?

ChRoMe wrote: »
    Have you rebooted since adding it in environment variables? Windows needs to restart before it recognises it.

Did that there now. No luck. I even got rid of everything I downloaded with regards to JCreator an JDK and downloaded again and nothing changed.
    Error : Invalid path, \bin\javac.exe -classpath "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51" -d "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51" "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51\test.java"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Holy Hand Grenade

http://www.jcreator.com/faq.htm

Question #2 in the Technical section is what you are looking for, but given you have already set the JDK Profile with the correct path in JCreator I don't think you will find anything helpful in the faq, but maybe it's worth taking a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

The path you entered in the environment is wrong. Look at the exact location of javac.exe. Also as noted, always restart the programs if you change environment, as the values get picked up on startup. Also, make sure you have the right JDK. 64bit JDK may not work with 32bit java creator, and vice versa.

Another way to test, open command prompt and just type "javac". If this works then you are flying.

Paste the EXACT contents of your environment path here and we can point out the error.

If it makes you feel any better, pretty much everyone trying to get java running the first time runs into this.

srsly78 wrote: »
    The path you entered in the environment is wrong. Look at the exact location of javac.exe. Also as noted, always restart the programs if you change environment, as the values get picked up on startup. Also, make sure you have the right JDK. 64bit JDK may not work with 32bit java creator, and vice versa.

Another way to test, open command prompt and just type "javac". If this works then you are flying.

Paste the EXACT contents of your environment path here and we can point out the error.

If it makes you feel any better, pretty much everyone trying to get java running the first time runs into this.

Thanks

javac doesn't work in cmd so that's one thing

The location of javac.exe is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51\bin

The environment path is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51\bin

How do I check if JCreator is 32/64bit? I know JDK is 64-bit.

javac is working in cmd now

I just added \bin to the end of the environment path. I ran JCreator again but I still get the same error message about class path.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Get 32bit jdk and it will probably work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement