Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying bitcoins

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,110 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

scamalert wrote: »
    one more question,how do i calculate fee ?since by default on etherum wallet i see fee is set to 10% slider in the middle ,and also if sending amount does the fee come out of the sent amount.since theres few mentions in docs to increase fee in case it gets stuck etc,but whats appropriate rate when sending sub 100$£e amounts,to make them pass smooth.

For fees - look at the price in BTC per KB and apply that to the size of your transaction:

https://btc.com/stats/unconfirmed-tx

Looking at that, I wouldn't be in a hurry to pay more than 0.00130 BTC per Kb. Really, you don't want a fee with a big chunk of grey in it.

The fee comes out of your remaining balance, not the amount you send.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

What are folks thoughts on Ethereum? With the cost around buying and selling bitcoin you need to spend a lot to make a small return on a volatile currency.

But ETH seems to be tracking along nicely and is still relatively cheap.

I spend €100 on 10ETH in Jan, and today it just passed €40 a nice €300 profit in a few weeks. It has also been much more stable than bitcoin too and is the currency the majority of big business seem to be looking at due to the tech.

Thinking I'll just sell my half a bitcoin and buy €500 ETH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Where / how do you buy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

zulutango wrote: »
    Where / how do you buy it?

I just used coinbase.

I set up the account to buy bitcoin and noticed they trade ETH too. Didn't know much about it, at the time it was about €7. So I went off to spend a few days reading up on it. In that time the price went up around 20% so I bought 5. A few weeks later it was still tracking along nice and stable so I got another 5.

It was very much a small gamble on this being the "next Bitcoin". I said I'll stick €100 worth in the wallet and leave it there, in 5 years if it is worth €1000 I'll be delighted if not I haven't lost much.

Because it isn't yet another crypto currency that would boom and bust, but rather the focus is the underlying tech there was a good chance it would tip along long term.

Start of March it shot up and went from €12 to €40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

I just used coinbase.

I set up the account to buy bitcoin and noticed they trade ETH too. Didn't know much about it, at the time it was about €7. So I went off to spend a few days reading up on it. In that time the price went up around 20% so I bought 5. A few weeks later it was still tracking along nice and stable so I got another 5.

It was very much a small gamble on this being the "next Bitcoin". I said I'll stick €100 worth in the wallet and leave it there, in 5 years if it is worth €1000 I'll be delighted if not I haven't lost much.

Because it isn't yet another crypto currency that would boom and bust, but rather the focus is the underlying tech there was a good chance it would tip along long term.

Start of March it shot up and went from €12 to €40.
    its obvious after btc success that people want to create alternatives and have same success as with btc,while dont imagine btc being whole cypto curency future think all the flaws and good it has,will be used as main background in creating perfect currency at some stage in time.That said dont think btc will go anywhere soon since it has its market,as in where people accept it as means of pay,and are able to change it to fiat when needed,thus foundation is there.As for buying other crypto currencies its low risk,since eventually people might want to diversify,so think theres potential for other currencies to have its own space,thus if you can spare some money and not be worried for foreseeable future then why not,since its clear you made some profit already thus,as per my years of being wrong you'd never know if it will amount to nothing or will be next best thing you could made your decision on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

@scamalert: low risk? Surely other cryptos are just as risky /volatile as btc?

What do people see as the up n comming cryptos and what advantage do they have over btc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

@scamalert: low risk? Surely other cryptos are just as risky /volatile as btc?

What do people see as the up n comming cryptos and what advantage do they have over btc?

If you have Coinbase I would highly recommend ETH. You can also trade ETH for BTC and BTC to Fiat. I would also recommend staying away from anything else due to how easily they can be exploited as a programmer you cannot go wrong with the ETH and BTC underling technology. ETH should be E60 - E80 and BTC E1700 - E2000 (Might actually deep to < 900 with the current turmoil with BU and Roger) by the end of the year due to scaling and availability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Do you know of anywhere else to buy Ethereum? I have been waiting almost 2 weeks to get my coinbase account verified and after many support emails I am still waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Do you know of anywhere else to buy Ethereum?
    www.poloniex.com is the "go to" exchange for buying/selling/trading all altcoins -- including ethereum. Straightforward and easy and fast to set up an account.

What are folks thoughts on Ethereum?
    I spend €100 on 10ETH in Jan, and today it just passed €40 a nice €300 profit in a few weeks.
    Thinking I'll just sell my half a bitcoin and buy €500 ETH.
    There's no doubt that the world has a few more millionaires this morning due to the humongous increase in Ethereum price. Not only ETH, but Monero, Dash and all the major altcoins have experienced massive spikes. But has the price already peaked, I wonder? Have people who have not bought-in over the past week missed the train?

There certainly has been some outflow ofmoney from bitcoin and into the other crypto's. But is it all a bubble?
    Over on r/ethtrader it is like tulipmania.

• Advertisement

There's no doubt that the world has a few more millionaires this morning due to the humongous increase in Ethereum price. Not only ETH, but Monero, Dash and all the major altcoins have experienced massive spikes. But has the price already peaked, I wonder? Have people who have not bought-in over the past week missed the train?

There certainly has been some outflow ofmoney from bitcoin and into the other crypto's. But is it all a bubble?
    Poloniex or Gdax - At one point Ethereum was over 100% I had cash in my profit and start the run again. It was a fantastic week :)

well we all know what happened to tulip mania,but this seems more like diversification ,specially those who hold btc ,when i mentioned low risk,as in if one has money be it 100-500 whatever floats in ones pocket and they dont mind taking risk,since for some such amounts usually result spending in single weekend out and funding paddy power,thuis putting some cash into different crypto and forgetting,is no more then taking small risk.

Now im not familliar with all the cryptos floating around,but if going deep web seems its already possible to do transactions with it,thus if theres someone taking it as cash this does create market,and given current price is relatively low,it might be hype or more people wanting to get on the train in case it picks up like btc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Nearly $2 billion has been wiped off bitcoin’s value in three days all because of a fork
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/17/bitcoin-price-blockchain-fork-ethereum.html

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Nearly $2 billion has been wiped off bitcoin’s value in three days all because of a fork
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/17/bitcoin-price-blockchain-fork-ethereum.html

Typical financial pundit ascribing a market event to another possibly related event and firmly concluding that one caused the other.

My amateur financial punditry is guessing that it's equally possible some large scale investors have judged there to be likely more upward movement in Etherium than Bitcoin and are switching horses to catch the wave.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them bail out at the top and back into Bitcoin, which will be cheaper than when they switched.

Rinse and repeat.

My understanding is that Monero's U.S.P. is that it is truly (??) anonymous whereas bitcoin (whilst it started out to be suggested to be anonymous....) is far from it. If that's true, then I'd imagine it's likely that Monero will become more popular on the deep web....but then, that's a limited arena - and it's professed (whether accurate or otherwise??) that Bitcoin has outgrown dependency on that type of use - with a shade more of general adoption.

What U.S.P's have 'dash' and 'ethereum' got? Bitcoin has first mover advantage. In order to catch up (and/or surpass), the other crypto's are going to have to present a decisive advantage/improvement.

I'm at a loss to understand what that advantage is. Does anyone have the knowledge?

The touted advantages of the alt coins at this point seem to be just theoretical, with no real world application or use of the claimed advantages. It seems to me the alt coins are riding on a lot of hot air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

www.poloniex.com is the "go to" exchange for buying/selling/trading all altcoins -- including ethereum. Straightforward and easy and fast to set up an account.

i set up an account here but how do i actually buy it?

cnocbui wrote: »
    The touted advantages of the alt coins at this point seem to be just theoretical, with no real world application or use of the claimed advantages. It seems to me the alt coins are riding on a lot of hot air.

If that's the case, then (in my very limited knowledge) it sounds like to me that they won't get the better of BTC. I have (what is to me...) a significant holding in BTC. One of my main fears is that it takes a wrong turn (fork, etc.) and/or that an alternative cryptocurrency offers a practical advantage.

I guess I'm not the sharpest knife in the box - as I struggle to make sense of all of this sort of stuff - but from what I had read about ETH, apparently, it offers greater advantages in the world of smart contracts rather than taking on btc in terms of currency/store of value. However, I really don't fully have a grasp of that - the extent of it - or the relevance of it. Anyone here care to have a stab at it?

jobless wrote: »
    i set up an account here but how do i actually buy it?
    Jobless, you need to first deposit some bitcoin ( or fraction thereof) to your account. Then click the "Exchange" tab, and proceed to the altcoin you wish to buy or sell.
    Poloniex is a peer-to-peer Exchange-- a facility for converting bitcoin into other cryptocurrencies and vice versa. Fiat money -- euro sterling or dollars -- is not a constituent of its infrastructure.

I have (what is to me...) a significant holding in BTC. One of my main fears is that it takes a wrong turn (fork, etc.)

Yes indeed, a hard fork is a real concern to me also.
    Such a happening would be very bad for bitcoin, but I fear it is inevitable; it just doesn't seem that a consensus can be reached seeing as ( currently) 30% of nodes are signalling for SegWit and anther 30% for Bitcoin Unlimited. It 's nothing short of a cluster**** of epic proportions. All this going on whilst transaction times and also transaction fees are steadily increasing, and the scaleability and malleability issues are reaching crisis point.

I can't see myself getting back into Bitcoin holding for the foreseeable future. :(

• Advertisement

Jobless, you need to first deposit some bitcoin ( or fraction thereof) to your account. Then click the "Exchange" tab, and proceed to the altcoin you wish to buy or sell.
    Poloniex is a peer-to-peer Exchange-- a facility for converting bitcoin into other cryptocurrencies and vice versa. Fiat money -- euro sterling or dollars -- is not a constituent of its infrastructure.

Oh right thanks... I'm at the stage where I'm trying to buy my first bitcoin

Yes indeed, a hard fork is a real concern to me also.
    Such a happening would be very bad for bitcoin, but I fear it is inevitable; it just doesn't seem that a consensus can be reached seeing as ( currently) 30% of nodes are signalling for SegWit and anther 30% for Bitcoin Unlimited. It 's nothing short of a cluster**** of epic proportions. All this going on whilst transaction times and also transaction fees are steadily increasing, and the scaleability and malleability issues are reaching crisis point.

I can't see myself getting back into Bitcoin holding for the foreseeable future. :(
    What would a fork mean? Two versions of bitcoin? ... Thus devaluing the original?

What would a fork mean? Two versions of bitcoin?
    Precisely!
    But both versions would each have less value than before. You would have Bitcoin Unlimited supporters selling their "old" BTC because they don't support it anymore and to drive down its price; then you would have Bitcoin Core supporters (SegWit) selling their "new" bitcoin-unlimited bitcoins for the same reasons. A war of attrition and a race to the bottom.

Also,of course, in the outside world a hard fork would cause major upset -- which version would merchants/businesses decide to accept? And for the ordinary Joe who has enough trouble already trying to understand Bitcoin, he would now have to figure out this added confusion of "two differet Bitcoins". It would/will be very bad PR for the Bitcoin brand.

Precisely!
    But both versions would each have less value than before. You would have Bitcoin Unlimited supporters selling their "old" BTC because they don't support it anymore and to drive down its price; then you would have Bitcoin Core supporters (SegWit) selling their "new" bitcoin-unlimited bitcoins for the same reasons. A war of attrition and a race to the bottom.

Also,of course, in the outside world a hard fork would cause major upset -- which version would merchants/businesses decide to accept? And for the ordinary Joe who has enough trouble already trying to understand Bitcoin, he would now have to figure out this added confusion of "two differet Bitcoins". It would/will be very bad PR for the Bitcoin brand.

This to my believe is why many investor are diversifying into other crypto currencies like Ethereum.

I also personally believe BTC is the best way to go instead of Bitcoin Unlimited (BTU) especially the fact that BTC developers are said to be more competent than BTU. BTU is also said to have higher chances of being exploited.

The big problem is the moving of money from BTC to BTU so my suggestion is to wait till after the hard fork or buy now and hold. This would be the second attempt at forking Bitcoin, if anyone remembers the failed Bitcoin Classic now re-branded to BTU.

RealistSpy wrote: »
    This to my believe is why many investor are diversifying into other crypto currencies like Ethereum.

I also personally believe BTC is the best way to go instead of Bitcoin Unlimited (BTU) especially the fact that BTC developers are said to be more competent than BTU. BTU is also said to have higher chances of being exploited.

I fully agree with all the above!
    Bitcoin Unlimited is driven by Chinese miners motivated by profit alone. It is contentious, has vulnerabilities and could be the beginning of the end for decentralization of the bitcoin network.

Some good and some bad news this evening. Twenty bitcoin exchanges have issued a statement that they expect a hard fork to come and have put in place contingency plans for this eventuality.
    The good news ( seems to me anyway, reading the report) is that when the hard fork happens that they (these exchanges) will list Bitcoin Unlimited as an altcoin, thus denying BU the kudo of calling itself BITCOIN. This is a blow to the Bitcoin Unlimited pushers which may make them rethink their plan to force BU on the world.
    http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-exchanges-unveil-emergency-hard-fork-contingency-plan/

anyone know it btc unlimited or some other form was implemented would mining level go back to default for new coins,since think asiics would have a field day in such case.

Maybe at the start it would be easier to mine, but then the blockchain automatically readjusts the level of network difficulty to target a new block generated every ten minutes.
    The difficulty level is adjusted every 2016 blocks, so after a week or so, yeah, the miners would find it as tough as is now to grind out new blocks.

RealistSpy wrote: »

The big problem is the moving of money from BTC to BTU so my suggestion is to wait till after the hard fork or buy now and hold.
    But you won't have to move money from BTC to BTU or vice versa. In the event of a hard fork you will have equal amount of coin on both blockchains. Say you have ten bitcoins right now in your wallet, then post-hardfork you will have ten BTC and also ten BTU. You will have double the quantity of coin you have now ......... but NOT DOUBLE THE VALUE. :)
    (The value of your BTC will be dependent on the value assigned by the market to BTU -- the more value your BTU has, the less value will your BTC have).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Who controls bitcoin? who is it that makes the decisions?
    I have a very poor understanding of the whole thing, I bought 500 euros worth of Dash last year mainly on my infatuation with Amanda Johnson :D,
    its now worth 10k. I think it Tullipmania now but what are the Tax implications of selling again? I read that cryptos are not recognized currency, and I am wondering how this is handled tax wise?

• Advertisement

If Revenue think it's fair and reasonable for them to charge you tax if you sell your own possessions, even though you paid income tax and USC and VAT on the money you earned to buy them in the first place, I doubt it matters one whit if crypto's aren't considered currency.

If you sell your cryptos, they will be expecting you to pay CGT of 33% of your profit. Someone has to pay for the privilege of having multinationals paying next to no tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

Hi I'm looking to purchase 2 grand worth of bitcoin and not sure where to look. I've tried coinbase the max they seem to allow to purchase on my debit card is 500 euro, while localbitcoins seems a lot more expensive. What other places do people here purchase their bitcoins from? Thanks

You could try belgiacoin.com. You would have to make an initial small transaction as they have a limit for new customers but then you could place a larger order.

Be careful, bitcoin has been dropping steadily and fairly hard these last few hours. Best to do some research on the hard fork civil war currently happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

Hi Cnoc thanks for the link will check it out. I've been tracking the bitcoin news alright, I need the bitcoin for another investment opportunity so I won't be holding and I don't want to purchase the bitcoin until the opportunity is available as bitcoin is just too volatile to hold at the moment!

All the FUD made me jittery yesterday so I decided to take a chance and offload all my btc. And then it plummeted. This is a scary ****ing rollercoaster.

All the FUD made me jittery yesterday so I decided to take a chance and offload all my btc. And then it plummeted. This is a scary ****ing rollercoaster.
    well look at bright side,some shake down on price is good,coins like eth and many others got some boost,that said from purely profit investing point whoever cleared at 1200,surely will start buying back at 800 or so.
    that said dong get the difference between fork and btc unlimited is it same,how would everyone get new bu coins,and what impact it has.

on brighter side tried to mine some eth yesterday,it was like pissing against wind,whole setup took few hours to figure and once done that since gpu is to weak to mine it at all tried using cpu pool mining,and pool didnt even pick it up :/ on bright side my OCed cpu from 3.2Ghz runs at 3.8,but while mining it hit 4.5 :eek::confused: and didnt break sweat at steady 55celsius,smth that i had to double check to believe.

point of that being wonder any crypto left that still is possible to mine with regular pc,since looking at whattomine.com seems few dozens coins out there,from nonesne like trump coin ,to some that seem like a joke or just simple knock off of more popular crypto.

edit:also understand that btc developers have full power to split it or do fork or whatever they would see fit,thus whole voting seems a bit orchestrated off ,since they could implement it and miners would have to get on with it,since from few articles ive read that unlimited? would void many transfer fees and would provide mainstream number for btc,which many complain being lack off,since influx could drive price down and eventually stabilize where such fluctuations like 10-20% would be rare.

• Advertisement

I fully agree with all the above!
    Bitcoin Unlimited is driven by Chinese miners motivated by profit alone. It is contentious, has vulnerabilities and could be the beginning of the end for decentralization of the bitcoin network.

Some good and some bad news this evening. Twenty bitcoin exchanges have issued a statement that they expect a hard fork to come and have put in place contingency plans for this eventuality
    Never a dull moment with BTC :-)

So....we're in freefall as the nettle of hard fork gets grasped. I understand the argument against BU. What criticism exists against segwit as a solution to the scalability issue?

Also, as someone else has already asked, in the event of a hard fork, how do you end up with the division? i.e. associated with different addresses or how does that work? Apologies if this sounds dumb but have not been through this process before.

Lastly, for those of us who are playing the longer game, if you ride it out, can you actually end up on the wrong end - given that you'll hold equal amounts of both...?

,that said from purely profit investing point whoever cleared at 1200,surely will start buying back at 800 or so.

I'd be slow enough to buy back in. The hard fork situation has really raised serious questions for bitcoin, and cryptocurrencies in general. Those questions need to be answered before the market has confidence again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Didnt sell any dash yet, seen it rise another 20%+ today. I dont know now ether to sell or hold, I have already got back my initial 500 euros, there is 11k on the table again for me but if you are to believe the hype this is set to go $1000 a coin.
    I`d hate to sell only to be kicking myself after but it does feel to me like the who thing is tulip Mania. No one can tell me who controls these coins, like who are the decision makers behind bitcoin and dash. What regulations etc

Never a dull moment with BTC :-)
    Indeed ! Not recommended as a "play" for anyone of a nervous disposition or with a dicky heart. :)

I understand the argument against BU. What criticism exists against segwit as a solution to the scalability issue?
    It is a very complex upgrade and will take time for miners and mercantile companies to upgrade and incorporate it. In the meantime, if your wallet is not upgraded, you will not be able to spend coin received from a Segwit-enabled transaction.
    It is seen by some as only a temporary fix to the scaling problem. We may have to go thru' this all again in the future.
    Saying this, I do honestly think it is the best solution we have ............ at the present time.
    Also, as someone else has already asked, in the event of a hard fork, how do you end up with the division? i.e. associated with different addresses or how does that work?
    Two separate blockchains. You will have coin on each with the same private key but different addresses.
    Lastly, for those of us who are playing the longer game, if you ride it out, can you actually end up on the wrong end - given that you'll hold equal amounts of both...?
    Aha, the million-dollar question. Who knows. Maybe you will end up on the wrong end; maybe you won't. Will your total BTU and BTC combined be worth more collectively than your current BTC only? Possibly, .......... or possibly not. :)

I'd be slow enough to buy back in. The hard fork situation has really raised serious questions for bitcoin, and cryptocurrencies in general. Those questions need to be answered before the market has confidence again.
    I agree.
    For the first time I'm losing a little faith in Bitcoin. Not saying "it's gonna die, it's gonna die", but some really serious issues have arisen lately.
    The scaling issue has reached critical levels of concern. Transaction fees have escalated enormously and it would appear that they will continue to do so. The time it now takes for a transaction to be confirmed across the network is a serious hindrance to business and commerce. Bitcoin is becoming increasingly unreliable and expensive as a payment protocol. Companies are pulling out of Bitcoin.
    The anonymity of bitcoin that we once took for granted is now proven as suspect.
    The politics and infighting and lack of consensus amongst stakeholders and interested parties is hugely damaging to the image and brand. (All of a sudden, the recent SEC refusal to list a bitcoin ETF is looking sensible and sober).

For the first time, like Zulutango above, I'm stepping away from Bitcoin for the time being. And maybe looking and investigating other crypto's like ETH, Dash and Monero.

• Advertisement

whats the best place to buy bitcoin online and have it more or less straight away?

whats the best place to buy bitcoin online and have it more or less straight away?
    ive used main btc site here :https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0

now plenty of sellers and different means,but do your own research on each seller-id say thats as close to instant btc you can get without much hassle,but as said know who you deal with.
    also depending on what payment option you chose theres % rate,so wont get exactly going rate since people who trade it for currencies make profit that way.also if looking into bigger amounts see about using escrow,someone in the middle to make sure btc are there and deal goes clean.Otherwise dont imagine any other places where you could get it instantly without some hours delay in between bank transfers.

BTC recovering again - not back to where it was but respectable enough.

How long do we have until the fork is likely to happen? Do we get notice - or do we just wake up one morning and it's already happened?

BTC recovering again - not back to where it was but respectable enough.

I don't see it lasting. Way too much uncertainty there.

anyone open a coinbase account using a webcam to upload your id?... wont seem to accept my id so wondering how others have opened one?

anyone open a coinbase account using a webcam to upload your id?... wont seem to accept my id so wondering how others have opened one?
    if your after the wallet go with electrum as suggested by most here,providing details to third parties like coinbase seems major pain in the but for simple task,if you want to trade daily look up other suggested exchanges few pages back where email and sms number gives you access,if you want trade it on daily basis.

Intresting enough no one spoke of fork before etf approval,now somehow it became an issue,in theory btc moves a lot like any other instrument,since denial of approval sent it down few hundred bucks,and it restored in hours,yet few days later now its slowly selling down.Not sure how or when the fork if at all will be implemented but looks a lot like market speculation,which given price drop if it goes below 1000 will start attracting buyers again ,then again one could only guess reasons why its behaving like that since nothing really changed.

if your after the wallet go with electrum as suggested by most here,providing details to third parties like coinbase seems major pain in the but for simple task,if you want to trade daily look up other suggested exchanges few pages back where email and sms number gives you access,if you want trade it on daily basis.

Intresting enough no one spoke of fork before etf approval,now somehow it became an issue,in theory btc moves a lot like any other instrument,since denial of approval sent it down few hundred bucks,and it restored in hours,yet few days later now its slowly selling down.Not sure how or when the fork if at all will be implemented but looks a lot like market speculation,which given price drop if it goes below 1000 will start attracting buyers again ,then again one could only guess reasons why its behaving like that since nothing really changed.

thanks, not looking for a wallet as i have one...just an easy way to buy.... ideally somewhere that i could use credit card pretty quickly.... im a complete noob so things like buying from forums using escrows ive no idea about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

jobless wrote:
    thanks, not looking for a wallet as i have one...just an easy way to buy.... ideally somewhere that i could use credit card pretty quickly.... im a complete noob so things like buying from forums using escrows ive no idea about...

Have you tried localbitcoin ? Noob myself, used twice already for small amounts and had no problems.

Paid by bank transfer, and had them within the hour.

trixiebust wrote: »
    Have you tried localbitcoin ? Noob myself, used twice already for small amounts and had no problems.

Paid by bank transfer, and had them within the hour.

no havent, just looked there... are most people charging a premuim here?... i see some selling a bit over the market price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

jobless wrote:
    no havent, just looked there... are most people charging a premuim here?... i see some selling a bit over the market price

As I say complete Noob, so I'd presume there's a premium for it.

For small personal amounts, couldn't recommended them highly enough. And for someone like me who had no idea of even how to buy, I've bought twice and had no problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement