Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tragedy

• 10-02-2009 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Please pay any respects with regards to the tragedy that occured in Westbourne Park here.

For those not in the know, a third year Law student from Limerick died in a freak car accident off Magazine Road in Westbourne Park yesterday evening.All on campus RAG week events have been cancelled out of respect.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

condolences to his family and friends what an awful tragedy.
    i'm in UL myself and and its on everyones mind,so tragic..
    RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

He lived next to my buddies. What happened was an absolute tragedy....

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

21 years old. Someone so young, someone only just starting out on their life. Someone with so much ahead of them to experience and live.

Your thoughts go out to his family, friends and fellow students at this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Condolences to his family & friends.

Any name released yet? I'm a bit anxious as a few lads I know (from Limerick) are in UCC, and I've lost their numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Am I allowed to post his name up and link to his bebo page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

titan18 wrote: »
    Am I allowed to post his name up and link to his bebo page?
    Dunno, wouldn't do it myself though, at least until the SU make an announcement or somethin anyway.
    Condolences to the guys family, terrible thing to happen to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Aodan83 wrote: »
    Dunno, wouldn't do it myself though, at least until the SU make an announcement or somethin anyway.
    Condolences to the guys family, terrible thing to happen to anyone.

Ya, I dont plan to do it, but we got an email off the Chaplaincy saying his name.I cant find that email though.When you see his name, aidan, you'll understand how I remembered it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

It certainly is a tragedy and perhaps canceling Rag Week events is correct out of respect but prohibiting the sale of alcohol in campus pubs today was ridiculous. It somehow sets his death at a higher level than previous students who have died during the term time. Not only is it canceling Rag Week but it is placing restrictions on otherwise daily university activities and sets precedent for future student deaths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I went to school with him in Limerick. I won't post his name as the media hasn't yet, meaning there's probably people still to be told.

One of the most decent guys you could meet, always had a good word for absolutely everyone.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

My sincerest condolences go out to his family.
    Awful thing to happen to his family & friends, especially since he was so young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

My sincerest condolences go out to his family.
    Awful thing to happen to his family & friends, especially since he was so young.

+ 1 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ham Sandwich

+ 1 :(

Advertisement