Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I vote twice?

Options
  • 09-06-2008 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

I've been given 2 polling cards. One for my current residence and one for my old residence (As was the case in the general elections). I figure if they're so disorganised to register me twice then I figure they're not organised enough to spot that I've voted twice. I figure I should use this to cancel out the vote of one of the moronic No campaigners in my area :)

Would I spoil my vote if they spot I've voted twice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Afaik you could go to jail for electoral fraud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Gegerty wrote: »
    I've been given 2 polling cards. One for my current residence and one for my old residence (As was the case in the general elections). I figure if they're so disorganised to register me twice then I figure they're not organised enough to spot that I've voted twice. I figure I should use this to cancel out the vote of one of the moronic No campaigners in my area :)

Would I spoil my vote if they spot I've voted twice?

Yes, why would any 'moron' in a democracy, exercise hisor her right to vote no.

I think thats the next thing they should try .. start calling the irish people MORONS if they vote no.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

"Vote early Vote often" as used to happen up North :p. Personation is a criminal offence although I often have to force them to look at my ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You will have to identify yourself twice so yeah, they find you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

craichoe wrote: »

I think thats the next thing they should try .. start calling the irish people MORONS if they vote no.
    ...or you could draw a comparative between "yes" advice and something a nazi concentration camp officer would say.

...zing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

craichoe wrote: »

Who is "they"? I'm Irish. And we're all European. The allusive "they". Out to get us and take over the world.

As the saying goes, if the shirt fits, wear it.

sink wrote:
    Afaik you could go to jail for electoral fraud.
    Bugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

biko wrote: »
    You will have to identify yourself twice so yeah, they find you out.

Different polling stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

You'd prolly get away with it - but it's illegal, so I wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

That is idiotic

Further, you are idiotic for posting on the internet, mulling over committing a crime.

Don't post this sort of thing again in here please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement