Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Game Developer Kits

Options
  • 06-05-2005 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, i wonder does anyone know any game developing kits? I used to use a kit called Div-Games and that was cool, but it was DOS based and when XP came along the development kit and all the games it made bacame obsolete.

My question is, does anyone know of any of these kind of game developer kits, free or otherwise. I paid for Div-Games, something like 25 pounds at the time.

Can anyone help me finding one that can work on Win XP.... i know of course that if you want to make a game then work your ass of on Visual Bacis or do it on C++ or something, but these Home Game Developer Kits are cool, if you know them , you know what i am talking about, please help, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Have you tried Flash? Once you get used to the Actionscript language, it's pretty easy to make games of all sorts. And it makes animation incredibly easy.

Depending on what type of games you're planning to make, you could check around for some shareware or freeware game engines. They're usually quite easy to use.

I'll keep an eye out to see if I can find any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Hi, i wonder does anyone know any game developing kits? I used to use a kit called Div-Games and that was cool, but it was DOS based and when XP came along the development kit and all the games it made bacame obsolete.

My question is, does anyone know of any of these kind of game developer kits, free or otherwise. I paid for Div-Games, something like 25 pounds at the time.

Can anyone help me finding one that can work on Win XP.... i know of course that if you want to make a game then work your ass of on Visual Bacis or do it on C++ or something, but these Home Game Developer Kits are cool, if you know them , you know what i am talking about, please help, thanks.

if you like div-games , you will love 3d games studio (http://www.3dgamestudio.com/)

its the same idea , but creates full 3d games.... its expensive for the better versions , but there is a nice 30 demo on the site...

Advertisement