Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

RasTa wrote: »
    C'mon now guys, would anyone expect a player to take the same wages whilst playing with Swansea then Liverpool? Bizarre stuff

I wouldnt. Rodgers is hardly on the same wage he was at Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

RasTa wrote: »
    C'mon now guys, would anyone expect a player to take the same wages whilst playing with Swansea then Liverpool? Bizarre stuff

Whoever said that is a moron. Oh right...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Santiago Segurola ‏@SegurolaOficial
    El Liverpool ha hecho una oferta de €19.7m por Jose Callejon del Madrid. El club estaria dispuesto a venderlo. A Callejon le gustaria irse.

Liverpool have made an offer of €19.7m for Jose Callejon of Real Madrid. The Club would be willing to sell him.

daithijjj wrote: »
    El Liverpool ha hecho una oferta de €19.7m por Jose Callejon del Madrid. El club estaria dispuesto a venderlo. A Callejon le gustaria irse.

Liverpool have made an offer of €19.7m for Jose Callejon of Real Madrid. The Club would be willing to sell him.

How credable is that source Daithi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

That seems rather pricey tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

NukaCola wrote: »

Not a scooby doo to be honest mates. 14k ish followers. Even for randomness its totally out of the blue but maybe Brendan has been on the dog and bone to Maureen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Interesting one.. Hadn't heard of him being linked with us before. Sounds like a lot for him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

There's no way in Hell we have made an Opening offer of 17m for Callejon.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I read that as 7 million and thought "not bad", then I saw it was 19 million :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I thought this year we weren't overpaying for players? Almost 20m Euro on Callejon? Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Knex. wrote: »
    I thought this year we weren't overpaying for players? Almost 20m Euro on Callejon? Christ.
    It must be crap. Why would we pay €20 million for a backup player who only cost Madrid €5.5 million the previous season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

-Ade- wrote: »
    The lad looks a class act. We should be pushing to get him on the bench and starting in the cup games.

It must be crap. Why would we pay €20 million for a backup player who only cost Madrid €5.5 million the previous season.

I think the guy who tweeted that writes for MARCA? Tidy player. Very expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Last year was overpaying on British players, this year is overpaying on European players...at least it's progress.

Not British at least ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Like others have said, I would be very surprised f that Callejon rumour is true, and I hope it's not. The fee mentioned is extortionate and I don't like him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Vid of the team training today, great to see Lucas, plus Wisdom looks like a MONSTER. Hope his skills keep up with his physique. He looks a lot like Distin...

Morzadec wrote: »
    Like others have said, I would be very surprised f that Callejon rumour is true, and I hope it's not. The fee mentioned is extortionate and I don't like him

It looks like more Twitter nonsense. There could be a lot of smoke and mirrors...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Dickerty wrote: »
    Vid of the team training today, great to see Lucas, plus Wisdom looks like a MONSTER. Hope his skills keep up with his physique. He looks a lot like Distin...

look at 0.02
    looks like Carragher has piled on the pounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Christ that's a depressing vid - first LFCtv try to make it somehow "groovy" (daddio-o)
    and we have to see Adam, Cole and Carra!

mike65 wrote: »
    Christ that's a depressing vid - first LFCtv try to make it somehow "groovy" (daddio-o)
    and we have to see Adam, Cole and Carra!

lol! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Been said before but rodgers interviews very well, am looking forward to the pre-season games now.
    Also dat shine off shelveys head :cool:

MD1990 wrote: »
    look at 0.02
    looks like Carragher has piled on the pounds

But Adam looks trim actually...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think there should be a fairly high reduction for players signed from Madrid. They've got an overabundance of talent and I think alot of it will have to be shifted on the cheap.

Even if that wasn't the case, I think that €20m for Callejon is insane. He's a fairly good player but I'd be disappointed if we payed even half that for him.

Plus he's probably the worst for diving and feigning injury in La Liga and that's with some serious competition.

On Siggurdsson, if you have a player who's very important to a lower level club it's entirely reasonable for them to be payed less at a bigger club where their talents are far less significant when compared to the squad as a whole.

Siggurdson would've been worth less to Liverpool than he would've been to Swansea. I'm delighted we've stuck to our guns.

While the bulk of the signings last season weren't totally disastrous the fees were and we could've been challenging for the title with that sort of outlay even if it was mostly raised from sales.
    With our income, we don't need to be utterly amazing in the transfer market to challenge for the top 4 again - we just need to be competent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Only one real Madrid player I want and it ain't callejon

Only one real Madrid player I want and it ain't callejon

Really only one? Benzema, Pique, Ramos, Ozil, Higuain, Khedira, even Ronaldo? I assume you meant Xabi...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Really only one? Benzema, Pique, Ramos, Ozil, Higuain, Khedira, even Ronaldo? I assume you meant Xabi...

When did this happen? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

They kept that transfer quiet. :D

Yep, just him. Unlike Chelsea/utd/city/etc, we aren't greedy at Lfc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yep, just him. Unlike Chelsea/utd/city/etc, we aren't stupid at Lfc.

Fixed your post there. Alonso would actually be a few spots down the list of players I'd take from Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Best Liverpool related news in a year.

148005842_ap_9746_53387e2ea11cf953411d2b967bfe1e4c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,536 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Aqua's latest transfer that he hopes is permanent and not a loan.

611600253.jpg

ft9 wrote: »

Yea....Spearings an animal all right......wait..what? ;)

• Advertisement

Why are they letting Spearing that close to Lucas? Shouldn't even be allowed on the same side of the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,536 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ft9 wrote: »

Lucas: Thanks for last season but I'll take it from here!

When did this happen? :eek:

Sorry, meant Pepe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

murpho999 wrote: »
    Was thinking the very same :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Worth a 25 million pound bid, get in before Man u Or City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Worth a 25 million pound bid, get in before Man u Or City

Damn that was a let down :D

Have to put up the real thing now:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

delw wrote: »
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Was thinking the very same :D
    As was half of twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Just noticed the doni tag on the arsenal thread :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I know its two years away but, I'm already looking forward to seeing Neymar at the 2014 World Cup. Really think he could set that tournament alight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Like whats been previously said - i dont believe this 'bull' from Rodgers about knowing Sigs market value with regards wages, there was always going to be a sizeable difference in wage demands from Swansea to Liverpool. I think all the pool fans defending the clubs honour in terms of not backing down from their initial wage offering are embarrasingly naive. The guy showed how much of a talent he was in his 5 month stint at Swansea & im fairly confident we will rue the decision not to match the Spurs offer by Xmas.

I know folks want to say the club has learned from their mistakes of overpaying last season but once again that's so infuriatingly naive. Granted we overpaid last season, but, when a hugely talented player comes on the market at a fraction of the transfer fee paid for lesser players ( imo ) & on possibly smaller wages - well then thats a risk that should be taken, especially considering we will at least make our money back on our original investment should he not work out & we are forced to sell him a couple of years down the line.

If Rodgers genuinely wouldn't go a penny over what had been agreed at Swansea then it's a poor decision IMO. I doubt that's really what it was though.

Hoki wrote: »
    Like whats been previously said - i dont believe this 'bull' from Rodgers about knowing Sigs market value with regards wages, there was always going to be a sizeable difference in wage demands from Swansea to Liverpool. I think all the pool fans defending the clubs honour in terms of not backing down from their initial wage offering are embarrasingly naive. The guy showed how much of a talent he was in his 5 month stint at Swansea & im fairly confident we will rue the decision not to match the Spurs offer by Xmas.

I know folks want to say the club has learned from their mistakes of overpaying last season but once again that's so infuriatingly naive. Granted we overpaid last season, but, when a hugely talented player comes on the market at a fraction of the transfer fee paid for lesser players ( imo ) & on possibly smaller wages - well then thats a risk that should be taken, especially considering we will at least make our money back on our original investment should he not work out & we are forced to sell him a couple of years down the line.

While i agree with you for the most part, i have to add that if Rodgers didnt want him or willing to pay higher then its his decision. Not the club holding firm on wage demands etc etc. Nobody will know Sig better in the EPL. I suspect if Rodgers really wanted him at LFC, we would have matched the wage demands of Sig. If he was a top target we would have matched his wage demands. We can only guess really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

NukaCola wrote: »

I know the person who started that rumor. It was one of the rumor to show "How **** Twitter is and how quickly people believe bs". He was also the one who started Jovetic to Liverpool rumor last week.

And this Santiago whatever his name is, picked up that and tweeted as his own.

Hoki wrote: »
    The guy showed how much of a talent he was in his 5 month stint at Swansea & im fairly confident we will rue the decision not to match the Spurs offer by Xmas.

I believe he is, but he also failed at Hoffenheim, and no other German club wanted to take a risk on him, either on loan last season or now. He still has a lot to do to prove himself at a higher level...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I know the person who started that rumor. It was one of the rumor to show "How **** Twitter is and how quickly people believe bs". He was also the one who started Jovetic to Liverpool rumor last week.

And this Santiago whatever his name is, picked up that and tweeted as his own.

why bother start such rumors so? It proves no point and ultimately dilutes the value which twitter can offer in quick transfer of information it is so useful for. And then people come on here wasting their time debating "supposed transfers" which are nothing but a fabrication posted up on twitter by some bored individual.

On an different note, it was great to see Lucas Training in them photos.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement