Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half price mattress toppers in Homestore and More

• 29-09-2014 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

The deal isn't showing on the website yet but is available in store.

Great deal especially for the Opulence toppers which are super comfy. I would recommend getting a protector to go over it as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Some indication of price is customary when alerting others to a "bargain".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I don't have the exact prices as I wasn't in store myself but its 50% off the online prices of the Opulence ones at least.

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/mattress-toppers/icat/bedmattop

Its a 'bargain' to me as we almost purchased a full price one last week but a sound employee told us about the upcoming deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭IsaBrown

homestore + more: This OCTOBER 3 more great 1/2 price offers, All HALLOWEEN + All MATTRESS TOPPERS & MATTRESS PROTECTORS 1/2 PRICE + All DOORMATS 1/2 price + you can buy from TODAY quote 062125 at the till. But hurry because when they're gone they're gone. Freetext OUT to 50050 www.vip.hsandm.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bluedoor27

What's the opulence mattress protector like. Am seriously considering getting one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

How is all the Halloween stuff half price, was it full price for last 28days? Never know how they get away with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

vicwatson wrote: »
    How is all the Halloween stuff half price, was it full price for last 28days? Never know how they get away with this.
    how is wrong or illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 WindowWaver

Are these good for the bed? They are reduced in
    The house of Fraser in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 WindowWaver

Are these good for the bed? They are reduced in
    The house of Fraser in Dundrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

The Opulence ones are amazing - really thick and heavy. Its like sinking into a cloud. We had a double one but just moved to a house with a king sized bed so needed to get a new one. Its lovely and warm for the winter as well.

I really noticed not having one for a while - its a great nights sleep.

Do get a mattress cover to go over it though as you can't wash it and it will get stained from sweat after a while -my bf picked up one for 8e in Homestore but its pretty plasticey so I'd say try elsewhere for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

good bargain alert op thanks, kingsize for 75 quid is a great deal

cant please some people though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Thinking of getting the double opulence topper does anyone know if they are rolled up or are they in a box?

Squashed in a box for easy transport ðŸ‘

how is wrong or illegal?

Thought "Sale" goods had to have been on sale at full price for previous 28 days to make it legit?? No way they had Halloween stuff out for the last 28 days (did they?:confused:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Yeah bought one yesterday, comes in a box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thought "Sale" goods had to have been on sale at full price for previous 28 days to make it legit?? No way they had Halloween stuff out for the last 28 days (did they?:confused:)
    Yes, on the 28 days requirement:
    http://corporate.nca.ie/eng/Research_Zone/Consultation/Advertising/Draft_guidelines_on_price_discounts_part_3.html

I doubt they had them out for sale at full price since end of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Are these good for the bed? They are reduced in The house of Fraser in Dundrum.
    Same brand (Opulence) and 50% off? I don't see that brand listed on their site. I do see a Linea mattress topper reduced by 20%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

leck wrote: »
    Yes, on the 28 days requirement:
    http://corporate.nca.ie/eng/Research_Zone/Consultation/Advertising/Draft_guidelines_on_price_discounts_part_3.html

I doubt they had them out for sale at full price since end of August.

Except they dont claim that it "was" the previous price the say its the "NRP" (Normal Retail Price), from your link:
    Example 3 - not taking account of the “Reasonable period”
    On 1 November an electrical store took delivery of 30 TVs, which were part of a deferred order due to delayed shop renovations. The owner wanted to clear them immediately, to make way for the latest range. He decided to run a special sales promotion: “Sale - special offer on 28 inch TVs - €600 each - were €800 ”.
    Comment
    As the trader had just taken delivery of this model of TV he did not take the reasonable period requirement into account. However, the trader may advertise the price advantage by reference to a “recommended retail price”. (See paragraph 8).

leck wrote: »
    Same brand (Opulence) and 50% off? I don't see that brand listed on their site. I do see a Linea mattress topper reduced by 20%.
    it wont be reduced online till tomorrow for everyone, they send emails and texts out to people signed up to give them a few days to get them before the sale starts for everyone and is advertised in store and online

if you look at the home page linked below it says get 3 days notice of offers
    also shows septembers offer still

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/

Except they dont claim that it "was" the previous price the say its the "NRP" (Normal Retail Price), from your link:

But their website shows this months offers (Sept), at least, as "now" and "was" ??

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/chairs+stools/icat/spewigig8

Edit - in fairness I note that it does use the "nrp" and "now" for the October offers beginning tomorrow for all, they sure know the system !

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/when-its-gone-exclusive-club/page/wigig3?utm_source=Subscribers&utm_campaign=cdb692a21f-This_October_3_Day_Advance5_10_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_cad7275c3a-cdb692a21f-85775945&mc_cid=cdb692a21f&mc_eid=1b7ab73a64

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Amlee

Anyone know would the cheaper mattress toppers be any good? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

I looked at them but I doubt they were 1 cm- not too substantial, similar to the one I'm replacing which was bought as a special in a German retailer . The one I bought yesterday was 65 down from 130 and is 9cm thick. I had one ordered from Argos but there is a 30 day wait and they're e150 for the same size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Amlee wrote: »
    Anyone know would the cheaper mattress toppers be any good? Thanks
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2278263/Trail/searchtext%3EMATTRESS+TOPPER.htm

I have this from argos, used it for camping on an airbed and found it very comfortable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Amlee

Thanks hopefully homestore have them on display so I could compare both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I bought the opulence cover yesterday down to 75 from 150 but I have to leave I tree days before I put it on the bed. Feels amazing I can't wait.

It was the only king size left in the shop. Lots of single beds left though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

I bought the Opulence this morning and they've already despatched it.

According to their website, they're out of king size, just single and double left.

Jilm wrote: »
    I bought the Opulence this morning and they've already despatched it.

According to their website, they're out of king size, just single and double left.

Same here. Hope it's worth it now and that the bottom sheet still fits on the bed !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭loopymum

Glad I ordered the other day and didn't leave it so. I've ordered a double and kingsize after I saw them inthe shop, fabalous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Just got one in Blanch (they might have kingsize in store so worth asking)
    The Bailey one (50 for kingsize) is more like a duvet in quality while this opulence is a memory foam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

Got my double delivered yesterday, countdown is on for the 72 hours before I can use it

• Advertisement

mytime wrote: »
    Got my double delivered yesterday, countdown is on for the 72 hours before I can use it

Yeah I had the bloody think on the bed before I read the leaflet with it. Had to take it back off. Not sure what's gonna change in the 72 hours lying out flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Anyone buy the Bailey & Cole one? It looks thick, but might just be good camerawork. Don't like memory foam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

I just went in to the shop and compared the bailey, oppulence and there is a third, (dreamtime), I was looking for Kingsize and got the dreamtime for 90 euro, when comparing the three together it felt worth the extra. Just wondering what this would be going for elsewhere? any see them elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Moyglish

I got the Opulence topper a few days ago, was very dismayed when I brought it home to discover however that it's filled with Memory Foam "crumbs" and not a single piece of memory foam.

No mention of the "crumbs" on the website, and only discovered it on the bottom side of the box in tiny writing. Not too impressed, good thing I haven't opened the box, thinking of returning it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

A bit off mattress toppers topic but anyone know the best places around blanch to shop for a new mattress? Harvey norman looks expensive, particularly when you are looking for something orthopaedic.... don't know where else there is around though now that that bed place in coolmine is closed?

Advertisement