Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards meet up for first years (and other years)??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭dcam

I have orientation that day but if I can fit it in before the class party I'd love to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

dcam wrote: »
    I have orientation that day but if I can fit it in before the class party I'd love to go.

ive tried to time it so it doesnt inturrupt with that days orientation, so hopefully you can :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 maii95

wish i could come but won't make it down till the 23rd :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Paudyyy

Heading down to Cork tomorrow! Anyone around for a few 'settling in' drinks? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Paudyyy wrote: »

What time man? I've training at half 6 with the soccer team but I'll go for a drink (water :P ) before or after :)

PM me there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I'll go but my orientation is that day also so shall have to fit it around that :D

Paudyyy wrote: »

ill be moving down tomorrow too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kimkim

im moving down wednesday if anybody wants to meet up then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

The weekend for me. I'm suppose to be down for Friday morning, but don't think I can make it. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

I'll try and make it this year, any excuse for a couple of drinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Paudyyy

shane9689 wrote: »
    ill be moving down tomorrow too :pac:

Up for a quick meet and drink for a while in cork city this evening? (Tuesday) pm me if you're up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Ehrmantraut

Don't think I can make this! but in all honest i'd say staging it after the 21st would be your best bet in terms of attracting numbers.. the Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Can't make it, one of my best friends is having her 21st that night, and because of where I live I can't commute in and out of town twice, waste of petrol. Ah well.

sorry paudy for not replying... i arrived in cork realising i couldnt get internet in castlewhite untill after i got registered! ohh well.
    problem about sundays is the lack of places that are open, but ill think about it, still another few days to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Nervosa

Sunday pints are key. Start Monday with a hangover and the week can only get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Ehrmantraut

Nervosa wrote: »
    Sunday pints are key. Start Monday with a hangover and the week can only get better.

Here here!
    problem about sundays is the lack of places that are open, but ill think about it, still another few days to go.

Few cans in a lecture hall field, be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭CZ 453

What do you mean lack of places open?where?

Count me in. It's been a while since I've made a fool of myself in front of complete strangers. I'll be the one splashing brandy in your eyes and laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Ye should go into Annie Macs, grand cheap pint of Beamish in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 engrob

I'm around for a pint or 2 most of the time if someone has just arrived and craving a pub visit. Arrived last week. I'm stuck relying on my new housemates and next door neighbours currently, and have had some good sessions, but they're 2nd years with other commitments. I have time to burn and keen to drink while the sun shines!

Send me a pm if you are of similar thinking

Rob

• Advertisement

fine fine....due to public demand the date has been changed to 23rd (sunday)

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Football final that day.

Now lets choose a venue. Pub or something else? Close to UCC or in the city? Early evening or later? According to the UCC website both bars are closed on Sunday but that could be Summer hours still. Can anyone confirm this?

We have one suggestion for Annie Macs.

yay, i can make it so. ah for places to go, just pick a random pub. we went to a pub called the rock on college road after our class party last night, there were lots of students in there outside of our crowd too. i think thats where most of the class parties have ended up so people would already know the place and know how to get there.

we'll need a meeting point that everyone knows, some of the first timers to cork could get lost if we pick a pub thats out of the way.
    i suggest somewhere on campus
    then once everyones together we can go to the pub

we'll need a meeting point that everyone knows, some of the first timers to cork could get lost if we pick a pub thats out of the way.
    i suggest somewhere on campus
    then once everyones together we can go to the pub
    ya, ok, how about we just meet outside the boole library, everyone knows there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Did we not say the new bar in the Boole? I might have a match with the college that morning but I should be ok for the afternoon (Fingers crossed! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Ye could just pick the notice board in the student center. T'is very easy to find, then choose a place to go. :)

The Student Center open on Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Nervosa wrote: »
    The Student Center open on Sunday?

During the summer it is closed apparently. Not sure if they categorise the 23rd as being in the summer. :pac: Could always meet outside.

Advertisement