Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pirates Jihad'd

• 04-05-2010 12:36am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

Never thought I'd say this but maybe some good use might be found for Islamic Terrorists.

They seem to have the pirates on the run. They all took off in their fancy cars when they heard the Muslims were hitting town.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8657810.stm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,158 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thats as close to a Pirates vs. Ninja battle as we're going to get for the forseeable future :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

Jihad to go and start a thread about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

jayteecork wrote: »
    Never thought I'd say this but maybe some good use might be found for Islamic Terrorists.

One group of scumbags replaces another. Brilliant news. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

They seem to have the pirates on the run. They all took off in their fancy cars when they heard the Muslims were hitting town.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8657810.stm

It's about as welcome as a drug lord driving a Head Shop out of business to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I thought the Islamists were tolerating the pirates as long as they were only attacking Western ships.

I remember last year when pirates took a Saudi ship and the islamists demanded it be released or they would attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Its like a time warp - all of this belongs 500 years ago!

The worrying thing will be if the Jihadists get their hands on the pirate's Weapons of Mast Destruct¡on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Islamists drive out pirates

pirates escape in luxury cars

what about their ships?

Fatwa lot of use that is - a pirate without his ship!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to make sure

Morphéus wrote: »

pirates escape in luxury cars

I wonder if they drove a Jagu-aaarrrr?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Its got nothing to do with Jihad or anything religious, its about money..

The Pirates had a nice little earner going, nab a few ships, hold em hostage and grab the cash and run back to their safehold on land.. no one can touch em..

The Muslim extremists see the cash flowing in and want a piece of the pie, or all of the pie if they can get it..

Nothing changes, all a bunch of hypocrites!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Nothing changes, all a bunch of hypocrites!! :rolleyes:

How are the pirates hypocrites? There pirates, and doing what pirates do. I fail to see the hypocrisy in there case.

The Muslim extremists see the cash flowing in and want a piece of the pie, or all of the pie if they can get it..

That would make them a bunch of pie-rates.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

wes wrote: »
    How are the pirates hypocrites? There pirates, and doing what pirates do. I fail to see the hypocrisy in there case.

Not the pirates, the Muslim Extremists.. they want money, nothing holy about what they are doing..

Read the article.. :rolleyes:
    Hizbul-Islam wants to establish Sharia law in Somalia and put an end to the pirate trade in the town, the leader of the insurgents told the BBC.
    But our correspondent says there are reports that this same militant group had earlier tried to strike a deal with the pirates to try to get a share of the profits.

Not the pirates, the Muslim Extremists.. they want money, nothing holy about what they are doing..

Read the article.. :rolleyes:

Jihad isn't cheap these days.

Abrasax wrote: »
    Jihad isn't cheap these days.

true.. but there is a recession on, so maybe they can get a cheap deal if they buy in bulk!! I'm sure they are saving a few quid as the rent in Somalia cant be that expensive these days..

No government means no taxes after all.. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Abrasax wrote: »
    Jihad to go and start a thread about it?

Actually no, I didn't.
    I made my post at the end of an old Somali pirates thread and some mod came along, closed the "necro" thread and created a brand spanking new thread with my post even though it was never intended to be a "thread starting" post.

So don't blame me.

• Advertisement

Actually no, I didn't.
    I made my post at the end of an old Somali pirates thread and some mod came along, closed the "necro" thread and created a brand spanking new thread with my post even though it was never intended to be a "thread starting" post.

So don't blame me.

I was just punning.
    Don't take it to heart.

Advertisement