Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options
  • 09-11-2013 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭

We have the rant thread so why not have a rave thread where we can celebrate everything that's great about running and life in general.

Rave: I have got a great weeks training in for the first time in months. It's Saturday afternoon and I have already done 57 of my 60 miles done for the week with a couple of good sessions. I can hit the bar tonight guilt free :cool:, just a nice gentle 3 mile recovery tomorrow to be done; I'll enjoy that :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Not comming last in the county senior xc. Go me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

12 complete strangers said hello to me this morning on the footpaths and trails, all before 8.30am :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

The first saturday I managed to get some college work done and got a full assignment finished, now I officially have no more college work to do.. until I get another assignment!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭plumber77

Free gravy in goodie bags..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Beer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

tits...usually with beer

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭conavitzky

when you go to the jacks to drop one and you realise you could get away without using toilet paper. Ah the clean break.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Doritos and beer and my first sleep in this morning. Usually out training.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

No running for a couple of weeks means I'm putting back on weight and reversing the effects of manorexia!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

I ran this morning in Glendalough. Still cold morning air. Beautiful scenery. Deer hopping away on the trail up ahead. Silence was golden. This is why we run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

BHAA
    Cross country racing on a crisp winter morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I ran this morning in Glendalough. Still cold morning air. Beautiful scenery. Deer hopping away on the trail up ahead. Silence was golden. This is why we run.

And yet someone ran it wearing a big pair of over the ear headphones. (that belongs in the ranting thread I suppose)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

I am alive and able to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭aficionado

Got my first podium spot last night. 2nd place over 10k, 39.41 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Rob and Marion Heffernan's interview on RTE Radio this morning.

Lovely, genuine people who deserve their success. I will even forgive them for liking Take That.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

How even after the worst run, by the time I'm home, showered and dressed, I feel much better than before leaving the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

The Phoenix Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

I do like how quickly the Park Run folk get those results up on web.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

huskerdu wrote: »
    I will even forgive them for liking Take That.

Does a gold medal make up for that.....?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Running:

One of the few sports where you can compete on a level playing field amongst those much better than you. It's your race against your own abilities and potential.

Winning that race with yourself and getting a PB.

Time to think. Time not to think if you don't want to.

Running in the rain when it's not too windy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

huskerdu wrote: »
    Rob and Marion Heffernan's interview on RTE Radio this morning.

Lovely, genuine people who deserve their success. I will even forgive them for liking Take That.
    They sure do. They were out at the XC today. They are athletics fans and humble. PS Marion looks great for 7 months pregnant. In Africa women may give birth in the morning and may be drawing water etc in the evening. Just saying that in western society eating bad for 9 months and being lazy afterward is somehow ok. pregnancy and exercise are compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

rom wrote: »
    In Africa women may give birth in the morning and may be drawing water etc in the evening. Just saying that in western society eating bad for 9 months and being lazy afterward is somehow ok. pregnancy and exercise are compatible.

Wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

running in places you don't normally run in.

Normally a PP guy, but 10 miles on the coast on Sunday was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

My boss has signed me up for a trail race he is also doing which is taking place at 3pm on a Wednesday - nice free half day from work to look forward to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

The feel of new runners that the are perfect from the very first stride. Could have ran all day yesterday in my new Saucony Guide 7s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

running in places you don't normally run in.

Normally a PP guy, but 10 miles on the coast on Sunday was fantastic.

what coast ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

PaulieC wrote: »
    what coast ?

East coast! Starting at Sandymount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Being told about an upcoming work related trip that in previous years has been held in Belfast and Glasgow but this years it's on in New Orleans, score :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Phone call to say my new Saucony Kinvara's arrived in the post today.
    Can't wait to get home and try them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

PaulieC wrote: »
    what coast ?

Heading out towards Blackrock ? That's my default route, getting sick of it now :). I did enjoy running the trails in PP recently though. I guess it's just a familiarity thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement