Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Show with Niall Boylan 4fm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

I've no idea Judy, I don't live in Dublin :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

I've no idea Judy, I don't live in Dublin :confused:

well then...dun do scludgh...ma se do thoil e..mo chara..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

This thread is a bit like the show itself, a bit mental and hard to make out what exactly is being said at times!

TBP wrote: »
    This thread is a bit like the show itself, a bit mental and hard to make out what exactly is being said at times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Suzie4 wrote: »
    well then...dun do scludgh...ma se do thoil e..mo chara..

Turned him off again tonight :D

• Advertisement

Turned him off again tonight :D

Was that before or after they tell listeners that there is an off switch on their radio!

Out of curiosity what did you listen too when you turned it off, what other alternatives are out there at that hour of the night that are better than that show?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Jasssss

I think Mr Boylan is the best talk show host on air at the moment.He does not give a f..ck what he says.Love him,brilliant to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PODboy

He is reflecting - Love/Hate an aspect of Ireland that exists!!

some funny stuff here...mostly loons..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭GSF

Jasssss wrote: »
    He does not give a f..ck what he says

And nor do I, hence why I don't listen!

• Advertisement

Suzie4 wrote: »

some funny stuff here...mostly loons..

I managed to get on that clip on 3 separate occasions myself!

Anyone know when the show is back? I can't remember them mentioning when they'll be back and there doesn't seem to be any mention of when on their facebook page either.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Proview

Anyone know when the show is back? I can't remember them mentioning when they'll be back and there doesn't seem to be any mention of when on their facebook page either.

I read on the Facebook page that it's back on Sunday night..... They get really long holidays for Christmas....... Looking forward to it.

GSF wrote: »
    And nor do I, hence why I don't listen!

what exactly is that supposed to mean gas fire central heating?

/\

Like I said this thread is as mental as the show itself!

prey tell which caller are you tomas brentford paisley?

so how has it been lately ?..ive been away...glad to be back to hear the loopers,looons,balloons and maggots...:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭familystand

They keep bringing on a wheelchair bound guy called John, He takes offence when people differ from his opinions and usualy resorts to questioning there educational standards and generaly being a self centered arrogant Dublin 4 privately educated mummys boy type who seems to have a grudge with the world because he is in a wheelchair

Its a shame they have him on twice in the last week and its putting a lot of people off of the show, I imagine Niall thinks its a bit of a laugh to have him wind people up but i personaly know 5 people that have given up listening to the same contributors on the same subjects over and over again

Its a shame they cant freshen up the subjects and callers as 4fm is a good station generaly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

They keep bringing on a wheelchair bound guy called John, He takes offence when people differ from his opinions and usualy resorts to questioning there educational standards and generaly being a self centered arrogant Dublin 4 privately educated mummys boy type who seems to have a grudge with the world because he is in a wheelchair

Its a shame they have him on twice in the last week and its putting a lot of people off of the show, I imagine Niall thinks its a bit of a laugh to have him wind people up but i personaly know 5 people that have given up listening to the same contributors on the same subjects over and over again

Its a shame they cant freshen up the subjects and callers as 4fm is a good station generaly

Yes, I find John really annoying lately, kinda sick of hearing him.

I just turn the show off when I hear John on or even sometimes before he comes on as depending on the topic being covered its pretty easy to predict he's sure to be on closely followed by Katie the single mother whom John loves to have a crack at. Not to bothered about certain topics being covered over and over again but when you have the same callers on banging the same drum each time it's annoying listening to it. I used to love the show and listened to it religiously and was even on it a few times but I'm gone off it a bit now and don't bother listening to it that much anymore.

I'm only listening for about 6 months and am bored with the same callers at this stage.

• Advertisement

He was on again last night and really showed his true colours.

A caller rang in and disagreed with his comments, John asked where
    the caller was from. The caller replied Nigeria, John said "I've heard enough"
    and hung up.

No doubt Boylan will have him on again next week to ridicule people's
    accents and standard of education.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'm close to being sick, some sick stuff being discussed tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

What happened last night, heard him say he must have wanted to be caught and they can't mention anymore about it:confused:

Snowc wrote: »
    What happened last night, heard him say he must have wanted to be caught and they can't mention anymore about it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 King Size

Sounds like it was a setup to me!

King Size wrote: »
    Sounds like it was a setup to me!

Hard to know. I'm a bit suspicious of the fact Niall didn't know the name of the caller on line 4 (Pamela), it's the 1st time I ever heard him not address or introduce a caller by their name before they even uttered a word. This she rang and demanded to be put straight through thing doesn't really wash.

Hard to know. I'm a bit suspicious of the fact Niall didn't know the name of the caller on line 4 (Pamela), it's the 1st time I ever heard him not address or introduce a caller by their name before they even uttered a word. This she rang and demanded to be put straight through thing doesn't really wash.

That's how I feel about it as well, sounds a bit iffy

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

Such an obvious spoof.

Plenty of coverage though so fair play lads, that article got more views from The Indo than 4FM has listeners :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Even if the show doesn't have many listeners in Ireland, it's amazing how much of an active following the show has across South America :)

(https://twitter.com/niallboylan4fm/followers - might have to scroll back a bit)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Such an obvious spoof.

Plenty of coverage though so fair play lads, that article got more views from The Indo than 4FM has listeners :p

I agree, the whole thing even sounded like a complete set up, didnt sound real at all. But it did what they wanted it to do, and everyone is talking about it :)

Advertisement