Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Show with Niall Boylan 4fm

• 04-09-2012 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭haulagebasher

I thought I'd set up a thread for this circus of a phone in show. Jeez, tis like Joe Duffy on steroids FFS.Anywhay what's on now there're talking about having sympathy for the victims of gangland feuds. Now there is some silly young one on making excuses for the guys who petrol bombed a child filled car. Turns out she knows the perp. She sound like a complete air head and is correctly getting a grilling for it in typical late show fashion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭haulagebasher

Haha. Now she's just told Niall Boylan to fúck himself!!! Briliant.Water off a ducks back though, he wasn't phased by it at all.

So much for presenters supposed to being impartial - NB is about as biased and belligerent as presenters come, and it's a right laugh.

An absolute troll fest this show is. It's the same trolls ringin in all the time. Jaysus I listened to a podcast from last year and it was this Alan guy spouting shíte about the dole and entitlements -total attitude problem. Niall ripped his head off. Same guy was on again last week saying why he shouldn't be forced to take a shítty job at tesco. Again, he was brated by NB and other callers.Popcorn Radio. It's like after hours on the radio. Crazy stuff

MODs - just learned that the show is now "Niall Boylan @ night" can the thread be renamed accordingly please? tanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

I used to love this show up until a month or two ago. Its getting to repetitive and boring now. I know there are only a certain amount of topics that can be discussed etc but every time a certain topic comes up let it be something got to do with people with disabilities, homosexuality or the last week or so republicanism you could nearly put your house on who they will have on and what drum they will be beating etc and it gets sort of tiring after a while listening to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

It's one of the most entertaining shows on the radio.
    It's turns into a complete car crash at some stages, nothing seems to be off limits. There was a fela on last week talking about being proud that he used to rob cars and could never got caught. It's such an enjoyable mess.

• Advertisement

It's one of the most entertaining shows on the radio.
    It's turns into a complete car crash at some stages, nothing seems to be off limits. There was a fela on last week talking about being proud that he used to rob cars and could never got caught. It's such an enjoyable mess.

Yep, was listening in that night alright and it was interesting, I think that joyrider finished up asking Niall how his white GTO (car) was or something.

Nights and topics like that are a good listen too, its just when they cover topics like I've mentioned in my previous post if they weren't so predictable with what callers they were going to have on to bang out the same old crap and let other/different callers debate or battle it out it might get a lot more interesting. Time to ditch John, Alan, Joe, Paul the trucker and several others I think and freshen things up a bit now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

TBP wrote: »
    Yep, was listening in that night alright and it was interesting, I think that joyrider finished up asking Niall how his white GTO (car) was or something.

Nights and topics like that are a good listen too, its just when they cover topics like I've mentioned in my previous post if they weren't so predictable with what callers they were going to have on to bang out the same old crap and let other/different callers debate or battle it out it might get a lot more interesting. Time to ditch John, Alan, Joe, Paul the trucker and several others I think and freshen things up a bit now.
    Yeah that's fair enough, they do seem to have a lot of 'regulars' that call in, maybe it's hard to get different people to call in all the time, I wouldn't have the balls to call in personally.
    There was a drunk women that rang in a few weeks ago who was priceless, she was off her game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭ofcork

That guy john seems to be on every talk radio show though i enjoy listening to him as he seems to be an intelligent guy,he has been on red fm,96fm,4fm and more.

That Bill lad is another one. He's an oul Welsh fella.

Then you have Katie. Proper council estate trash she is.

Anyone remember the last few weeks that republicanism and the RIRA were a recurring theme du to the killing of Alan Ryan. You had the usual die hard barstool republicans - in particular there was this fool called Malachy, talking through his hole. I think he was a taxi driver cos of his lingo and you could hear a diesel engine ticking over and the sound of clicking indicators in the background.

Looking like they are going to be covering the Hillsborough disaster tonight and the lies The Sun printed in the aftermath

Below is a quote from the shows facebook page from either Niall or Mike the producer...

''I agree they should have never run the story but to be offended years after the event is bizarre''

An interesting view on things to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

That aul wan joan whos always on fm104 aswell ,omg her voice is like listening to the cat eat its own young.

Cannot stand her!

Suzie4 wrote: »
    That aul wan joan whos always on fm104 aswell ,omg her voice is like listening to the cat eat its own young.

Cannot stand her!

Joan is one of the better callers on that show. She played a blinder the other night on the 'abortion tablets' topic by stopping a few of them in their tracks particularly the woman that was on saying how she aborted not one but two babies with the reason for one being her career. It was a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Proview

I listen in cork all the time and tell everybody about it and I have all my friends listening in now in work at night and we get great convos the next day out of the mad feckers that call in;-);-)

Anybody here the girl from cork call kn about her free view television and the other nut from Galway tonight, it was like a comedy show and I could hear niall had to lower the mic because he was laughing at the...... .

And he had some head butcaf from the Muslim gang on tonight and was asking him what all the fuss was about. He even said something offensive about the prophet to him, something like I don't care if he's hangs upside down naked :-)))) , he just takes mad risks ..I'd be ****tin me bags. Like last week with the IRA guys on air, they even threatened him. He's a mad fecker altogether......
    :D:pac::pac:

Aye, that was brilliant when Paulette from Galway and the one from Cork went at it over the saorview boxes. Paulette telling the Cork one how she hadn't a clue because all she does is crosses a few wires and she can get all the channels she wants for half nothing!

The night before when that lad from Galway rang in and said how when he found his misses in the bed with another lad, he locked the door from the outside went out to the shed got his hurl went back up and beat the crap out of the two of them while they were in the bed for 15 minutes was mighty stuff too.

Some right nutcases ring in to that show!

Heard it all now, they had a crazy American on tonight telling us the world was gonna end :-)

They went from talking about a real serous topic like religion to talking about vibrators in a heartbeat ... That's why I love it ..... Ya never know what they might talk about ;-)))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Am I wrong in thinking that FM104 and 98FM's "phoneshows" were on at the same time back in the 90's/early 2000's?

And I'm pretty sure that Boylan was presenting or producing 98's effort back then.

So this is version deux.

Blur or Oasis!

I got through to the show last night about the curfew thing! Didn't agree with it said it would be impossible to police and there should be proper deterrents, more severe punishments etc for the scumbags going around stealing cars and vandalizing other peoples property instead.

I loved the way Niall shut up that gombeen from Dublin that thought it was okay to go to the pub drinking etc while he let his 12 year old daughter play outside until 10 pm at night!

Agree he did the same tonight talking to a ****ebag gowl from cork who said he shot his neighbours dog for barking. He just cuts them down and makes them feel like ****........ He let's some people away with saying outrageous stuff and attacks others sometimes ....which I think is planned cause he wants some to stay on to piss people off :-)) he's deadly at that .

Roll on tomorrow night.......

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pollbee

Proview wrote: »
    I listen in cork all the time and tell everybody about it and I have all my friends listening in now in work at night and we get great convos the next day out of the mad feckers that call in;-);-)

Anybody here the girl from cork call kn about her free view television and the other nut from Galway tonight, it was like a comedy show and I could hear niall had to lower the mic because he was laughing at the...... .

And he had some head butcaf from the Muslim gang on tonight and was asking him what all the fuss was about. He even said something offensive about the prophet to him, something like I don't care if he's hangs upside down naked :-)))) , he just takes mad risks ..I'd be ****tin me bags. Like last week with the IRA guys on air, they even threatened him. He's a mad fecker altogether......
    :D:pac::pac:
    Eh..whos da nut frm galway!!!

Girl frmcork nd the other nut frm galway...wud you be refering to me paulette!!!Lol

• Advertisement

pollbee wrote: »
    Girl frmcork nd the other nut frm galway...wud you be refering to me paulette!!!Lol

Yaaaaa , thats you :-))))..... Your mad but a scream !!!! We need to go drinking. Just love that show and when you come on, ya just dont know what your gonna say next ha ha

O.m.g tanks..i jus get carried away..but it is a g8t laugh tho..Lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Brilliant show. Excellent radio!

Defo..it brighten up d whole ngt..Lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Defo..it brighten up d whole ngt..Lol..

Makes my feel better about myself after a long day at work. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Hello Paulette!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Stopped listening after he gear-handled some poor lady one night for her religious beliefs. She can believe in whatever the hell she wants to believe in! It's not up to him. :rolleyes: He can be a bit of a twerp at times. I wonder what he's like off-air.......

Should be good tonight. Some woman sent in an email asking should she be concerned over her husband going about the house the whole time wearing her underwear!

Hiya,roundymooney..gd name..Lol..

• Advertisement

Lol,i,d be weak..

Stopped listening after he gear-handled some poor lady one night for her religious beliefs. She can believe in whatever the hell she wants to believe in! It's not up to him. :rolleyes: He can be a bit of a twerp at times. I wonder what he's like off-air.......

She deserved worse, when she was telling him god was going to judge him because he talked about sex on the radio:-))....... Id her kicked her in the holy behind.......He makes no secret of the fact that people who he says are bible bashers are delusional ............... You must be a bible basher if that upset you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭familystand

This is very entertaining but it does get annoying listening to the same callers night after night, A debate about john terry turned into a shouting match between a Liverpool and Man United supporter.
    Same thing over and over, but entertaining and as far removed from being politicaly correct as you will find !:D

This is very entertaining but it does get annoying listening to the same callers night after night, A debate about john terry turned into a shouting match between a Liverpool and Man United supporter.
    Same thing over and over, but entertaining and as far removed from being politicaly correct as you will find !:D

Great listening to Alan and Padraig bringing up each others past.

Padraig: ''Your unemployable no wonder you can't get a job''

Alan: ''Did you organize your white army to rid Ireland of immigrants yet''

You wouldn't hear it anywhere else!

Jaysus them two lads on about wearing their wives panties and bra's were gas, Derek from Clare was wearing Victoria secrets panties while he was air ffs!

Tonight they went from Arthurs day being a gimmick to John Terry's punishment for racial abuse being to harsh to if men wearing women's underwear was normal.

Brilliant radio!

Ireland 2012..it just gets better..Lol..

• Advertisement

Ireland 2012..it just gets better..Lol..

Was listening to the repeats last night and not as good second time around ..... Wish it was on live every night .,,..,
    Kills time on night shift .....

You shud ring in..more people shud really..d lines do be hopping tho..

Heard some mad American pastor on last night saying he smacks his kids with a paddle over while there bent over the sofa ........he was saying the bible tells us to "beat" our kids ha ha

Then came the tirade of abuse by callers.... They have had this guy on last year and he was talking about gay guys saying they were evil ... A complete whack job .......

Tonight they had a caller Alan on telling people to stay on the dole because economically that's the way to go ......he was just a lazy unemployed fool .......

Alan dos wind people up..but he dos talk sum sense sumtimes..just sumetimes..a bit deluded nd a bit of a walter mitttey me tinks..lol..he needs to be put n a little box for now..

Hard to know what to make of that Alan lad, he does come across as a complete and utter screwball with his opinions on things usually opinions that go completely against the grain of what the majority thinks ie. last night and the night he came on saying how he has sympathy and empathy towards paedophiles and what they do etc. I have a feeling the wannabe radio presenter is just ringing in with the intention of winding people and having a laugh the whole time though as he more or less alluded to that one night, he said he loved annoying the **** out of callers.

• Advertisement

That bloke alan was on the same show having the same argument ages ago.

i find if you get as sozzled as this guy...the show can be funny.

29446_o.gif

Dos,nt sound sozzeld to me!!just awind up merchant nd he dos it gd..lol..

Dos,nt sound sozzeld to me!!just awind up merchant nd he dos it gd..lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Tuned into this show recently, loving the madness!!

Temaz wrote: »
    Tuned into this show recently, loving the madness!!

They seems to get a good response and read out endless texts. I have text in a few times and they did read them once or twice so they must get loads.......

Tonight they were talking about the fact it's selfish of women to have babies over 40 ;-))...... And they all had a go at some guy called John who agreed ..... He was a right dublin twat......

I'm lovin the fun bit in the last hour because they ask the maddest questions and get the maddest replys.....

Great show and seems to have really taken over at night across the country........

Love this clip

http://youtu.be/BdHxFxz_twU

The show is really good these nights alright.

I even got through twice in the last week or so which was a pleasant surpise!

That Mike Hogan seems mike a sound enough fella.

TBP wrote: »
    The show is really good these nights alright.

I even got through twice in the last week or so which was a pleasant surpise!

That Mike Hogan seems mike a sound enough fella.

He's not around tonight , wonder is he gone...... He's always on at the end of each night for the mad bit......

Proview wrote: »
    He's not around tonight , wonder is he gone...... He's always on at the end of each night for the mad bit......

Nah, he was on a lads weekend in Amsterdam.

Apparently he got well tanked in one of the Irish bars over there too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement