Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sarah Burke on RTÉ's Drivetime?

• 21-10-2010 5:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭

Anybody listening to her this minute? She's the health correspondent on the programme who does research on particular areas of the health system. At the moment she is seriously trying to hold back the tears. You can hear her voice quiver. She predicated all her comments by saying 'As you know Mary this is an issue very close to my heart'.

It's very moving; I'm surprised she's able to keep talking, the poor thing.

Anybody know anything else about her?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I don't doubt her sincerity, but I'm sick of listening to her go on about health issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I don't doubt her sincerity, but I'm sick of listening to her go on about health issues.

What else do you think she should "go on about"? She's the health correspondent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

She wrote a book - "Irish Apartheid, Healthcare Inequality in Ireland" and has a blog

http://saraburke.wordpress.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭cml387

She seemed to have terrible difficuly distinguishing between 600 thousand and 600 million. That would tend to make me doubt her credentials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

I would have thought a PhD in Health Policy would be credentials enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

cml387 wrote: »
    She seemed to have terrible difficuly distinguishing between 600 thousand and 600 million. That would tend to make me doubt her credentials.

Yeah that's what I thought... If she was dealing with these figures all the time, as she suggested, she would have no problem remembering the 600million - 1 Billion cuts that Mary Harney was talking about..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I have listened to her input over the past 2 yrs & I have to say I'm very unimpressed with her contributions. Has very little understanding of how the health service is delivered in this country. Long on generalities and very short on specifics. Her "research" falls very short of what I would consider minimum standard. Has never picked up the phone to ring any senior manager in the HSE or in DOH. Most of her contributions are her own opinions rather than substance. If she has a Phd in Health Policy, I despair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

An inter cert student could tell her the problem.

The health service costs too much to run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

She's on with Vincent Browne now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Normally, I only half tune in to her columns but I thought today's contribution re the health system in France was very good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement