Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Dealers

Options
  • 04-07-2008 7:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Has anyone had any bad experiences with car dealers around Dublin? Have just bought a car from N4 Car Sales and have found it to be a complete lemon. My mechanic said it looks like the dealer was purposely covering up serous issues.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

What I've noticed is car dealers changing names rather often - example at Red Cow / Monastery road junction. This has changed names at least three times in the last year or so.

Basically unless a member of simi, i'd either steer clear or have an independent check such as AA done on the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I work next to there and want to clarify a possible issue here.

That corner site on the N4 which sells the cars, has 2 different car dealers there.

N4 Car Sales - which you are referring to.

And N4 Autopoint. They are very different car sales. In attitude and quality (allegedly)

Not saying anymore.

When considering this issue, be sure who you mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

Jeez OP, that's hard luck. Have you contacted the dealer? I would look to get my money back - especially if I had a mechanic who says that they covered stuff up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

mickgas wrote: »
    Has anyone had any bad experiences with car dealers around Dublin? Have just bought a car from N4 Car Sales and have found it to be a complete lemon. My mechanic said it looks like the dealer was purposely covering up serous issues.

Do they not provide a warranty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mickgas

I got it fixed and am happy with the car and the price for the repairs overall, but if I haden't caught it the thing would have blown up with my wife and new baby in the car. I hate to think what could have happened. I just wanted to let people know to watch out. He did by the way offer to take it back for what I paid but only after the repairs were done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Scary story Mick! Glad all is well now

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mountainwoman

I had a bad experience with <SNIP> car sales in Maynooth, Co Kildare. I would seriously advise any person reading this to be wary of this dealer. He sells low end cars with high mileage at high prices. His site says he gives a guarantee, which doesn't stand if you have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@mountainwoman Please don't drag up old threads like this.

Thread closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement