Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyber Ghost Premium Plus VPN

• 23-08-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

After the atrocity that was VPN Unlimited (:rolleyes:), I decided to get a refund and scout out a Cyberghost discount. Took some looking but I found a good one.

75% off 1 year of Premium Plus (> 5 devices). €14.99

I can personally recommend this VPN, great list of servers (They have recently added more US/Canada servers), doesn't log and doesn't throttle certain traffic. :cool:

https://store.cyberghostvpn.com/848/?scope=checkout&cart=137566&coupon=FT1-95M-DW6&affiliate=27037

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Hey guys,

After the atrocity that was VPN Unlimited (:rolleyes:), I decided to get a refund and scout out a Cyberghost discount. Took some looking but I found a good one.

I can personally recommend this VPN, great list of servers (They have recently added more US/Canada servers), doesn't log and doesn't throttle certain traffic. :cool:

https://store.cyberghostvpn.com/848/?scope=checkout&cart=137566&coupon=FT1-95M-DW6&affiliate=27037

How did you get a refund?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057236370

existing thread here, thanks for posting though OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

How did you get a refund?

Firstly I had the foresight that it could be too good to be true so instead of paying by card, I paid through PayPal.

When I realised the service was s**t I just logged a refund request through PayPal's resolution centre. I explained that the service was dire and received a refund within a few hours.

Don't take any notice of that 'Non refundable' babble on those voucher websites. You just have to be cute ;)

Firstly I had the foresight that it could be too good to be true so instead of paying by card, I paid through PayPal.

When I realised the service was s**t I just logged a refund request through PayPal's resolution centre. I explained that the service was dire and received a refund within a few hours.

Don't take any notice of that 'Non refundable' babble on those voucher websites. You just have to be cute ;)

Sounds good. I paid by PayPal too. I'll do the same, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Sounds good. I paid by PayPal too. I'll do the same, thanks!

Do let me know if you manage to get the refund, I will try as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Why are people opting for a refund?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

can someone explain to a thicko like me why a VPN is a good idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

Any idea if they have servers in NZ?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭banham

Del007 wrote: »
    Any idea if they have servers in NZ?

No. But Overplay have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

After the atrocity that was VPN Unlimited (:rolleyes:), I decided to get a refund

what was the problem with VPN Unlimited? I signed up and it seems fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Does this work with Now Tv and apple TV ? and if it does where will I find the idiots guide ?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭banham

what was the problem with VPN Unlimited? I signed up and it seems fine?

It other half is happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

Hey guys,

Can you run some tests on nbc?

Would love to know if you can access the content

ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Does this work on routers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Does this work on routers?

Yes.

I opened a dispute a couple of days ago, still haven't heard anything back. Did you get your refund by simply opening a dispute, or did you have to escalate it to a claim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

will this extend current subs ?
    I'm already on premium till next march

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

I opened a dispute a couple of days ago, still haven't heard anything back. Did you get your refund by simply opening a dispute, or did you have to escalate it to a claim?

Ditto - in the same boat. This VPN seems far better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ads20101 wrote: »
    Ditto - in the same boat. This VPN seems far better.

+1

• Advertisement

Ok, I have my refund re vpn unlimited and am going to sign up for this offer. However has anyone else, who has received a refund from vpn unlimited found that they haven't been disconnected from their sub.

Just a query......

Ok, I have my refund re vpn unlimited and am going to sign up for this offer. However has anyone else, who has received a refund from vpn unlimited found that they haven't been disconnected from their sub.

Just a query......

Did you get your refund via a claim ?

Still no joy for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Just a query......

Did you just open a dispute, or did you have to escalate it to a claim before you got the refund?

doxy wrote: »
    Did you just open a dispute, or did you have to escalate it to a claim before you got the refund?

No, didn't need to escalate. Nice chap called Andrew Keller authorised the refund and they were pleasant about it too.

It came through at 18:10 today.

This was his email address:

support@stacksocial.zendesk.com

This was his email address:

support@stacksocial.zendesk.com

He just got back to me and refused to refund.

"Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, this deal had a "No Refunds" policy as stated in the TERMS section of the deal page. However, I'd be willing to issue you a credit for the purchase price ($19) + 10% that can be used for a future purchase.

Please let me know and I will issue that credit right away."

Dcully wrote: »
    He just got back to me and refused to refund.

"Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, this deal had a "No Refunds" policy as stated in the TERMS section of the deal page. However, I'd be willing to issue you a credit for the purchase price ($19) + 10% that can be used for a future purchase.

Please let me know and I will issue that credit right away."

That's very odd.... This is exactly what he sent to me. Additionally I have confirmation that my PayPal acc has been credited:
    Andrew Keller (StackSocial)
    Aug 26 10:10 AM

Hey ********,

Not a problem! I went ahead and processed your refund. Please allow approximately 2-3 business days for your funds to be returned back to your original method of payment.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm always here to help!

Very best,
    Andrew

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Do P2P transfers work on the full version cause they don't on the free one?

That's very odd.... This is exactly what he sent to me. Additionally I have confirmation that my PayPal acc has been credited:

Ive got back to him, theres no way im accepting that, no reason i should eb treated any different.
    I reckon they are getting a lot of refund requests and now suddenly take this stance.

• Advertisement

Suddenly things changed after i put on some more pressure.

"Not a problem! I went ahead and processed your refund. Please allow approximately 2-3 business days for your funds to be returned back to your original method of payment.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm always here to help!

Very best,
    Andrew"

I finally got my refund too...Didn't have to escalate it to a claim, just opened a dispute and it took 3 days or so for them to respond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Same here I just got a refund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

This thread should be renamed "VPN unlimited is shîte - and I got a PP refund". Seriously, anybody coming on here could be forgiven for thinking that the OP was a bum steer!

Back on topic would be good.

With all respect the 2 issues are related. The reason that the OP put this forward was in direct responce to the problems that boards members were having with the previous vpn BA.

I think that allowing the original aspect to be discussed may only protect our members. I would also like to add that the VPN unlimited offer remains active and due to the fact that the BA thread re this is now closed this output is valuable.

You may also argue that this discussion could take place elsewhere, but in my opinion this still relates to the BA set down by the OP.

I am open to correction but this is only my tuppence worth.

No refund yet for me for the dispute I have opened with paypal :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

dodzy wrote: »
    This thread should be renamed "VPN unlimited is shîte - and I got a PP refund". Seriously, anybody coming on here could be forgiven for thinking that the OP was a bum steer!

Back on topic would be good.

I would tend to agree.....anybody who clicks on and reads the last page or so is going to think this Cyberghost offer is after tanking with problems. I understand that the two are related but all the waffle has side-tracked the real offer.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Question on CyberGhost - If I take the option that provides VPN for 1 device, can that one device by my router and therefore my entire network at home - PCs, Laptops, Phones, Consoles?

I bought cyberghost and can confirm is 10x better than vpn unlimited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Am using CyberGhostVPN myself. Is there any reason why boards.ie is blocked when I use it? Every other site is fine. Am using the German server

Edit: It's working again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Another quick question about this VPN. How come running a speed test isn't accurate?

I'm getting over 20mb down even though my max speed is 11mb. Obviously I didn't magically get double the speed :) but does the VPN connection affect the test in some way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

Am using CyberGhostVPN myself. Is there any reason why boards.ie is blocked when I use it? Every other site is fine. Am using the German server

Edit: It's working again :)
    The Erfurt servers don't like boards.ie for some reason, Hamburg and Frankfurt work just fine though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I'm getting 9 Mbps download speed with VPN Unlimited using the Hampshire connection. So I think it is fine for browsing.

What is the particular issue people are having with it? Ok, I know it's not going to allow a fast download, but why all the anger for something that cost €5 a year for the next 3 years to access even geoblocked sites? Is it not worth it at this price even for that?

Cyberghost is 3 times as expensive so if you are not downloading, but simply surfing and require a change of location, I think the vpn unlimited was a good deal (but I appear to be the only one!)

You are right, it's fine for casual browsing and if you dont need the high speeds. It's a good deal then and very reasonable.

My requirements / usage are different, so not really suited.

Got my refund though and now have a Cyberghost premium plus account :)
    I'm getting 9 Mbps download speed with VPN Unlimited using the Hampshire connection. So I think it is fine for browsing.

What is the particular issue people are having with it? Ok, I know it's not going to allow a fast download, but why all the anger for something that cost €5 a year for the next 3 years to access even geoblocked sites? Is it not worth it at this price even for that?

Cyberghost is 3 times as expensive so if you are not downloading, but simply surfing and require a change of location, I think the vpn unlimited was a good deal (but I appear to be the only one!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

What kind of speeds are people getting from cyber ghosts premium Irish servers? I found the free version to be rather slow.

What kind of speeds are people getting from cyber ghosts premium Irish servers? I found the free version to be rather slow.

Free version is very limited in terms of speeds.
    With premium plus im getting close to 60mb while connected to UK servers,without cyberghost im getting a solid 69mb.
    I would highly recommend it.

I havent tried Irish servers as UK ones have been fine for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Strangely I get better speeds with it on? Around 18 when it's on and 17 when it's off.
    I've done it a few times and got the same results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

54kroc wrote: »
    Strangely I get better speeds with it on? Around 18 when it's on and 17 when it's off.
    I've done it a few times and got the same results.

If you are on eircom you aren't alone. I'm using Tunnelbear right now for just that reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

as above, with eircom and sometimes its quicker using the VPN.

Seems very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I notice the UK server I use is very slow recently. iplayer is unusable. It has been fine for over a year. I reckon they have taken on a lot of new users recently, and it's a knock on effect. I use uk.l2tp.cyberghostvpn.com
    Can someone with a premium account let me know which UK server name they use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

I notice the UK server I use is very slow recently. iplayer is unusable. It has been fine for over a year. I reckon they have taken on a lot of new users recently, and it's a knock on effect. I use uk.l2tp.cyberghostvpn.com
    Can someone with a premium account let me know which UK server name they use?
    You can see the server load on their server list and selwct the one you want e.g. london-s01-i01 etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement