Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forest Running trails

Options
  • 10-01-2009 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering does anybody know of good forest running trails near south dublin, maybe in the dublin/wicklow mountains..etc. Im so sick of running on the roads/footpaths and it would be great to do some nice trail runs.

If anybody knows of some good trails where I could run for an 1h + id love to find out where they are. Links to maps or google maps links would be great or any other information would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭adagio

Great question wellboss!
    I'd also like to find new running routes.
    :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

www.imra.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Sitric

Op, Threerock is a grand run, there are a few different routes you can take around the mountain. Quite a few mountain bikers use the trails too I think.

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Devils Glen
    Avondale house
    Wicklow way - too many different routes along it to mention.
    etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

A good place to start would be www.imra.ie , they have maps of a lot of mountain runs in the Wicklow mountain, including many on trail.

Or drive to Glendalough car park (or take St Kevins bus service), and you will find a myriad of trail runs and loops, often with spectacular views.

Or if you want to stay local, run any of the Dublin mountains, 3 Rock, Ticknock, etc, all have many trails waiting to be discovered. Part of the fun of trail running is discovering new routes, which you can find from the car parks in these hills. If you want to go further off road, get yourself an OSI map which will show where the trails are.

Running off-road will open up a new world to you, especially so if you find city running boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 JuJu Jay

Hi people..
    just to say Hi on this note.
    I'm a trail & mountain running Guide around the Wicklow Mountains and run groups of people every week if anyone would like to join us...
    and am based in Glendalough So know all the trails and places to go!

FB: mudsweatandrunners
    Web: mudsweatandrunners.weebly.com

peace

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Find this a great site for locating different trails to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JuJu Jay

or if anyone is looking to find new routes or wants to get of them made up paths..
    i take 100's of runners and hikers off deep into the mountains on many group runs..
    all my info is on my sites..
    We also do beginner trail runs every week..
    day & night runs,
    facebook.com/mudsweatandrunners or mudsweatandrunners.weebly.com
    peace

Advertisement