Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary Hanafin Watch

Options
  • 17-07-2014 3:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Stick 'em in here!

Why not?

It's been done before on boards for another former cabinet minister and the thread is still live at the time of this post.

So in the interests of fairness and balance it seems only right that another Mary has a similar thread to herself here.

Expect to hear a lot more from Hanafin in the coming weeks and months. She has friends in high places.

She is getting a lot of radio airtime recently and this is a radio forum.

A place where we discuss things on the radio and voice our opinions.

When is the election ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Could we not merge them in to a thread called "Women Named Mary Who Were Ministers In the Government That Ruined The Country WATCH" .. Coughlan, O'Rourke, Hanafin, Harney etc.

Though I have to say that I find Hanafin particularly contemptible for her conceit, her brass neck and her greed in accepting a 140k pension that the country has to borrow to pay for..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Could we not merge them in to a thread called "Women Named Mary Who Were Ministers In the Government That Ruined The Country WATCH" .. Coughlan, O'Rourke, Hanafin, Harney etc.
    Actually, in fairness to your list of contemptibles there, you don't hear much from the other two Marys nowadays.

The last I heard from Mary C was that she was thinking of getting back into politics IIRC, and anyway, she's not a regular contributor to radio, whereas I've heard nothing at all from Mary H.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

There's no problem with a thread on what they talked about on RADIO but please don't expand it into discussions on their pension, policies etc. if it was not brought up to keep the thread focused.

If people would prefer a more general "Ex Government people talking on radio" style thread that's not an issue either with the same limitation.

//MOD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

serfboard wrote: »
    The last I heard from Mary C was that she was thinking of getting back into politics IIRC, and anyway, she's not a regular contributor to radio
    She must have been reading this thread because who did I hear on Sean o'Rourke this morning? :rolleyes:

The rehabilitation for re-election campaign starts here ...

Advertisement