Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John O'Donavan from Cork

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

he's on red fm again now ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,336 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

2smiggy wrote: »
    he's on red fm again now ..

Is he phoning from his hospital bed ? Sure the poor misfortunate was at deaths doors.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is he phoning from his hospital bed ? Sure the poor misfortunate was at deaths doors.

The eegit was discharged shortly after admission. Timewasting attention seeker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

He was on 96fm this morning voicing his disgust on a female candidate wearing fishnet designed tights.

Pj Coogan was bombarded with texts slamming John, one listener labelled him a "sexist dinosaur".

A few people threatened to tune in to Red Fm if they hear John O Donovan on 96fm again but PJ pointed out that hes on all the radio stations that do live phone in's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

mikeym wrote: »
    Pj Coogan was bombarded with texts .

More than three then?

• Advertisement

Red Nissan wrote: »
    More than three then?

He probably read out the nice ones :D

He was on 96fm this morning voicing his disgust on a female candidate wearing fishnet designed tights.

Pj Coogan was bombarded with texts slamming John, one listener labelled him a "sexist dinosaur".

A few people threatened to tune in to Red Fm if they hear John O Donovan on 96fm again but PJ pointed out that hes on all the radio stations that do live phone in's.

So the text system works then ?

So the text system works then ?

Absolutely, it works fine for two texts, it crashes after that, hence the 'bombardment' mentality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Has John gone awol?

snubbleste wrote: »
    Has John gone awol?

Who knows. With any luck he will pick one thing to give out about and stick to it.

• Advertisement

Who knows. With any luck he will pick one thing to give out about and stick to it.

My spies tell me, as I honestly don't listen to 96FM in the morning 9~12 slot, that the chat is soooooooo good the presenter does not play any songs.

I'm certainly not going to tune in to verify, but birds of a feather comes to mind.

And I did complain directly to Mr Prendeville about John, and an action was taken, so unless John attracts 100.000 listeners, we have only a month to go. :)

I think most listeners wouldnt mind if he rang in occasionally but he was always on Red Fm and 96fm at one stage and the listeners were sick of him.

If he had access to the internet he should create his own blogging page :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Red Nissan wrote: »
    My spies tell me, as I honestly don't listen to 96FM in the morning 9~12 slot, that the chat is soooooooo good the presenter does not play any songs.

I'm certainly not going to tune in to verify, but birds of a feather comes to mind.

And I did complain directly to Mr Prendeville about John, and an action was taken, so unless John attracts 100.000 listeners, we have only a month to go. :)

Ya,songs hardly ever played between 9-12 on 96fm and its now a proper chat show.There's plenty time to play music during the rest of the day and PJ's phone line seems to be always backed up with callers.
    Id say PJ could well put the boot into Prendeville with the listenership figures.

PS, John is still alive and well,he has been on 96 about 3 times in the last 2 weeks.

.. PS, John is still alive and well,he has been on 96 about 3 times in the last 2 weeks.
    Keeping himself to the Cork area then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Keeping himself to the Cork area then.

He probably got banned from everywhere else.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tapit54

John has just been on 96FM telling of the altercation with the comedian David McSavage outside a fast food shop in Cork last night after McSavage had finished a performance in the Everyman theatre. It turns out John wasn't even at the show.

Comedians of the world beware! John is coming after you next! :)

John was speaking on Tv3 earlier today.

He was protesting outside Abtran over water charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The eegit was discharged shortly after admission. Timewasting attention seeker.

or maybe the doctors had finished with him. but its well known by some of us you don't like anyone who protests

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

Protester John O'Donovan said it was vital politicians including Mr Kenny listen to the legitimate voice of the people.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/water/irish-water-crisis/hotel-is-giving-in-to-mob-rule-by-cancelling-fg-meeting-mep-30758514.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

with all this protesting how does the unemployed John O'Donovan manage to look for jobs and even attend interviews? Imagine if he was actually offered a job the conundrum he,d have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,224 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

neris wrote: »
    with all this protesting how does the unemployed John O'Donovan manage to look for jobs and even attend interviews? Imagine if he was actually offered a job the conundrum he,d have

Does he not have a job. I thought he was the official Voice of the People. Or has his job now been offered to that Donna Hartnett one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I'm not familiar with John O'Donovan, but this appeared on The Niall Boylan Show page on Facebook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cqyPJVVsS4

Embedding won't work for me, so it's just the link. It seems he was injured at a water protest.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Trebor176 wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with John O'Donovan, but this appeared on The Niall Boylan Show page on Facebook:

Embedding won't work for me, so it's just the link. It seems he was injured at a water protest.

FTFY.

Was on Niall Boylan last night, again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭ofcork

Was also on with both neil and pj this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

what was he on about now ? I have not heard him in a while !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭ofcork

Water as usual but john even though i like the guy has an opinion on everything!

2smiggy wrote: »
    what was he on about now ? I have not heard him in a while !!

His gripe is with Irish Water.

His gripe is with Irish Water.
    John has an opinion on everything. Read back through the thred

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Horse84

He's a pain in the hole is what he is. Whinging and moaning about this and that. Easily known he's not out looking for work cause he wouldn't have the time to attend all these protests.I'd say Coogan boylan and prendeville have him on speed dial and vice versa.

Advertisement