Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1 unread message

Options
  • 01-04-2013 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

my sms message icon is displaying 1 unread text despite reading all messages. I've tried google but clearing the message data doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions?

The phone: Xperia z

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

You didnt started a blank new message did you and exit out of it? Sometimes itll save as a new message if you did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Im not 100% sure to be honest. There is no draft in the inbox?

Hmmm... Are messages getting stored to your SIM or phone memory? It might be stored in one location but not displaying in your inbox.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Hmmm... Are messages getting stored to your SIM or phone memory? It might be stored in one location but not displaying in your inbox.

Again Im not sure. I'll google how to find that info...

*long term iphone user still getting to grips with android.

sms stored on the phone not the sim

• Advertisement

Ah right so, honestly speaking its a bit hard to diagnose, Android gives you a lot more options than an iPhone. You near a phone store?

Actually its not a voicemail is it?

No, I just doubled checked the mail box

Right thats me outta options the ol' brain stops working about this time haha

No bother Steve, thanks for the suggestions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Wagon Watching

Have you tried clearing data from "BadgeProvider". It's in application Manager. Did this before on old phone and it worked with no issues but that might have been coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Turn the phone off and see if that works. It sounds like a brain fart on your phones part. Failing that google a hard reset for your phone. That should clear it

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

go into the message thread into your most recent thread and click on each message that you received,i saw the missus doing this to get rid of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Sounds like you started a message and backed out of it and it saved a draft, it should say in red beside the persons name "draft" (well thats how it looks on stock android with stock message app.) just go back into the conversation and delete the draft, simples

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

OP, if you installed another message app like Handcent, clear the data on the stock app and disable it.

Have you tried clearing data from "BadgeProvider". It's in application Manager. Did this before on old phone and it worked with no issues but that might have been coincidence.

It seems to have fix itself today. Strange one.

Thanks guys

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Sometimes missed calls display with an unread msg as well depending on provider.

Advertisement