Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra Topaz points

Options
  • 28-07-2015 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Might not be a bargain but, for those of you playing the Topaz play or park, here's a way of getting extra points.

If you are getting 20l of fuel, fill to 20.01l and you will get 21 points instead of 20.

This trick will work for any denomination of fuel.

In theory if you got 1.01l of fuel, you get 2points, so it'll make getting your free coffee etc a little easier.

Blah blah blah denis obrien blahblahblah

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

pa990 wrote: »
    Might not be a bargain but, for those of you playing the Topaz play or park, here's a way of getting extra points.

If you are getting 20l of fuel, fill to 20.01l and you will get 21 points instead of 20.

In theory if you got 1.01l of fuel, you get 2points, so it'll make getting your free coffee etc a little easir.

Ffs

Your type has been mentioned in this thread a few times for sure 😂

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057136862/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

but do you ever win anything regardless of how many points?
    cup of stale coffee when you collect 15,000 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Winning top prize is no different than your chances with the lottery I guess.

Coffee in Topaz is very good and you get a treat with 200 pts , albeit not always a coffee. But ask nicely and they will swap the can of Fanta and bag of Tayto for a coffee and muffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

bpb101 wrote: »

Ya win a shot of Denis O'Briens new plane he bought with the profits from Topaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

200 , points gets you a free gift every month.
    Usually a coffee and pastry
    Or
    Water and sandwich
    Or
    Water and bar
    Or
    Car kit (windscreen wash and chamoise)
    Or
    Something else

I buy my fuel at esso, but my work car has a topaz card, so I clock up a lot of points with that.
    Enough to top up two cards with 200 points each per month, so I get two treats per month with no cost to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Ya win a shot of Denis O'Briens new plane he bought with the profits from Topaz.

I don't care who owns it, Topaz has raised the game for all service stations in this country and that was long overdue.
    Maybe you want to go back to the service stations with 2 pumps and diesel leaking over your hands. I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I don't care who owns it, Topaz has raised the game for all service stations in this country and that was long overdue.
    Maybe you want to go back to the service stations with 2 pumps and diesel leaking over your hands. I don't.

Nah, it's way more fun to hop on the 'DOB=Illuminati' bandwagon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

What year ya talking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

i was in topaz a couple of months back and my balance shot up to 40000 points, so i entered the draw for the seat ibiza as many times as i could....... didnt win lol

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

The two Topaz owned sites in Carlow Town may get their act together. The diesel handles are constantly covered in diesel. They must never clean them. Gone to the stage I have to wear the disposable gloves or risk getting diesel over the suit and steering wheel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

Yes I won a €100 one for all voucher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Hi Denis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

In theory if you got 1.01l of fuel, you get 2points, so it'll make getting your free coffee etc a little easier.

Yeah I tried this but god it takes forever to fill up the tank if you go in and pay after every 1.01ltr... Also the staff looked at me funny and the cars waiting behind me weren't too happy for some reason;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

So if I fuel up with 50.50l I get 100 points.....lets go :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Don't know where you got that idea:) Topaz west of the Shannon are the most expensive for fuel:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Blah blah blah denis obrien blahblahblah

Erm.... hate to be that guy here... buuuut...

You get your points based on the number of litres you fill up not the actual amount you spend. Its 4*€ for in store purchases but for the fuel its 1 point per litre not per €

jonny_b wrote: »
    The two Topaz owned sites in Carlow Town may get their act together. The diesel handles are constantly covered in diesel. They must never clean them. Gone to the stage I have to wear the disposable gloves or risk getting diesel over the suit and steering wheel.

But at least they supply disposable gloves :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

gufc21 wrote: »
    Erm.... hate to be that guy here... buuuut...

You get your points based on the number of litres you fill up not the actual amount you spend. Its 4*€ for in store purchases but for the fuel its 1 point per litre not per €

Ehhh...

l = litres.

Nowhere did I mention euros

Ehhh...

l = litres.

Nowhere did I mention euros

Srry was late, half asleep. Misread it

Advertisement