Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The recession fridge in Tesco.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I was in Tesco in Bray and found the fridge there.
    Decided to stock up my freezer- 20chicken breasts, 4 steaks, 4 angus burgers and 4 pork chops. Came to €20, happy days and I'm sorted for food the next month

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭IHateMondays

There's no shame in being frugal.

Being wasteful is what's shameful imho.

exactly, I agree, I've got some unreal bargins in Tesco in that section..

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

I got two litres of Marks and Spencer not from concentrate Valencia orange juice the other day for 75c!

They had display till the 3rd of March use by the 7th.

I drink a litre of juice a day so it was a complete score.

Theres a certain tesco express in Dublin where the normal clientele don't like avocados, fancy humus or whole meal pitas. Lunch every day on the cheap!

Noym!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I got some basil in tesco for 4c

didn't eat it , but the fridge smelt great for the next week :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Freegan's eat for free

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Monday and Tuesday are always the best days to shop because whatever they didn't sell on the major busy days such as ready meals or meat is reduced those two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I just catch the mice and eat them... free to get, easy to catch and taste delicious fried with a bit of butter and gravy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

I hate that fcuking fridge!!

sarahbro wrote: »
    I hate that fcuking fridge!!
    Why, can't you get to it quick enough! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

A fridge too far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

The Oyster loaf that Lidl do now are yummy when freshly baked, great with a bowl of soup or spaghetti or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

wyndham wrote: »
    A lot of the stuff is weird that I wouldn't eat for free. Like today there were pork meatballs in sauce that were originally on sale for €4.99 reduced to 50c.
    Meatballs in sauce??!? That is some crazy sh¡t, what will those whackjobs think of next!??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I drink a litre of juice a day so it was a complete score.

Drink water. Fruit juice, in that kind of quantity, is as bad for the teeth as Coca-Cola. Acid erosion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Tourism

I find it to be very expensive as in some cases they only take a few cents off. Dunnes Recession Fridge is a lot cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

I think you feel better too when you get something a bit cheaper and feel like you have got a bargain. It is also good to see how it tastes rather that pay the full price for something you wont like

Advertisement