Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

451 million loan repayments

Options
  • 20-02-2009 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Anyone know what the repayments on my new loan will set me back, per week

<H1>Anglo loaned €451m to ten customers

[URL="javascript:showPlayer('banks_av.html')"]icon_video.gif [/URL][URL="javascript:showPlayer('banks_av.html')"]icon_audio.gif[/URL]Friday, 20 February 2009 16:10
    Anglo Irish Bank loaned a total of €451m to ten 'long-standing customers' last year to buy shares in the bank.
    In its annual report covering the year to the end of September, Anglo Irish said €83m of this had been repaid.
    Read the report in full
    Advertisement

The report said the bank would set aside €300m in its results for the six months to the end of March to account for losses on money it loaned out using only shares in the bank as security.
    This figure also includes losses from loans to directors.
    The bank also said it was reviewing controversial deposits of over €7bn made by Irish Life & Permanent with Anglo last year.
    The report also reveals that at the end of September, loans to former chairman Sean FitzPatrick totalled €83.3m.
    A total of €179m was loaned to other directors.
    Anglo Irish Bank chairman Donal O'Connor said the bank was likely to take a financial hit in the six months to the end of March linked to these loans, as a result of the deterioration in the bank's share price.
    Mr O'Connor also acknowledged the sense of hurt, outrage and disappointment that people feel towards the bank.
    He said the bank was carrying out a detailed review of all of these deals, including the legal advice it received and its consultations with the financial authorities.

The report also shows that former chief executive David Drumm, who resigned in December, was paid just over €2m in the year to the end of September 2008, down from €3.2m the previous year.
    Former chairman Sean FitzPatrick, who also resigned in December in the controversy over concealed directors' loans, was paid almost €540,000.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

I am guessing, lots!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,077 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Take out another loan to cover it. Sorted.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

so glad im debt free!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Ironbars

Ah its ok, me old mate Brian was on the phone and told me I dont need to repay it. You guys will! hahahahahahahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Ironbars wrote: »
    Ah its ok, me old mate Brian was on the phone and told me I dont need to repay it. You guys will! hahahahahahahahah
    I LOL'd so hard :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Take out another loan to cover it. Sorted.

+1 Try Ocean finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,077 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Don't pay tax in Ireland hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Don't pay tax in Ireland hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Ya well, you live we're I'm from so I think I know what I'm talking about...

For starters you're paying a lot more and secondly those guys are just as bad - they only make it look like as if they weren't. Health system in Germany is a money hazard too. Bankers got the same bailouts...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

The banks are repossessing cars and houses that ordinary people can't afford to repay the loans on. Why aren't they pursuing these people for every penny?

Bankrupt the f*ckers! And we'll know who they are then... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Zzippy wrote: »
    The banks are repossessing cars and houses that ordinary people can't afford to repay the loans on. Why aren't they pursuing these people for every penny?

Bankrupt the f*ckers! And we'll know who they are then... :rolleyes:

Different laws for us and the political elite and their builder cronies.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Ouch hate to be them ,

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Anyone know what the repayments on my new loan will set me back, per week

Hmmm, that depends on whether or not you elected to take out payment protecton insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

so glad im debt free!!! :pac:

newsflash

You're not any more, this is now yours (among others)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

peasant wrote: »
    newsflash

You're not any more, this is now yours (among others)

Sadly true, we the tax paying idiots in this country now have to pay the losses for the fat cat criminals gamble that went wrong.
    Anglo Irish bank won't pursue the golden circle for the money, but why should they when our government decides we should pick up the tab for their cronies instead.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

My Golden Circle Jerk will hopefully protect me

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They spent nearly half a billion on bank shares. Magic beans would have been a much wiser investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

will any banker give me a loan that i do not have to pay back, feck they will not even give me one i could pay back, thankfully i have nearly always being with the credit union, since the days i was refused a loan for 500 lids, and in the same interview i was offered a credit card, no sireee, not only do i detist banks i actually despise them as well, + finna failure also.

Advertisement