Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baffling Problem!

Options
  • 20-11-2008 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi all...

Recently, I got a job to upgrade a hard drive in a PC from 80gb to 250gb. Took an image of the 80gb with ghost, and placed it on a partition on the 250gb.

Now neither disk will boot!! Something crazy happened with the extraction to the 250gb, when I boot in with ERD, i can see all the folders, but they're empty!

The 250gb wont boot at all, so I left it aside, went back to the original disk. When trying to boot from this, i get pci.sys file missing or corrupt.
    So went in with RecCons and replaced the file, now the boot just freezes on the first WinLogo screen. Even bootingin safe mode, it tells me some 'FLT' file is missing. Never come across this before.

I ran all the usual diagnostics on the hard disk, and did an SFC through RecCons etc... Also had a look at all boot files thru ERD, everything looks in order...

If anyone has encountered this before, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Bosey :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 boseytal

During safe mode, the file it is frezzing on is fltmgr.sys...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

can you run a repair of windows?

Advertisement