Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damastown - Tyrellstown New Road...

Options
  • 12-12-2007 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hey,
    does anyone know when the opening day is for this road?
    Would make my daily trip from Ongar to Ballycoolin sooo much easier!
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I don't think there's an actual date for it to be open yet. There's a discussion on it over in the Dublin 15 forum. Supposed to open in first week of December but still no sign.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

I don't think there's an actual date for it to be open yet. There's a discussion on it over in the Dublin 15 forum. Supposed to open in first week of December but still no sign.
    Fingal Co.Co. have redesigned their site but it's still impossible to navigate. All my old links to schemes like this are out of date. Anyone able to find anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

All I know is that the road is finished, Contractor has gone, Operation freeflow was meant to see its opening and the traffic tonight around Damastown was worse than ever. No doubt it will open on Christmas Day, when nobody is watching.

Its yet another tiny example of how and why this city will one day disappear up a vast exhaust pipe.

On a side note, the junction with Keepak road is getting beyond a joke and will need some serious work when everything runs down to it from the new road, at lightening speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

DWCommuter wrote: »
    All I know is that the road is finished, Contractor has gone, Operation freeflow was meant to see its opening and the traffic tonight around Damastown was worse than ever. No doubt it will open on Christmas Day, when nobody is watching.

Its yet another tiny example of how and why this city will one day disappear up a vast exhaust pipe.

On a side note, the junction with Keepak road is getting beyond a joke and will need some serious work when everything runs down to it from the new road, at lightening speed.

Problem there is that the traffic lights for traffic coming over the N3 overbridge towards Damastown gets the green light for a ridiculously long period followed by 2 x relative short stints for traffic going from Kepak to Blanch. direction followed by traffic coming up out of Damastown Ind. Estate etc.

Because of the delays in Clonee village turning right at McDonald's pub, the backed up traffic blocks the overbridge up beyond Kepak, and of course traffic on the Kepak Road then has to give way to traffic from Kilbride / N3 slip road anytime there is the slightest movement. The whole area is a complete disaster esp. in the evenings - can take anywhere from 10-25 mins. just to clear Clonee village and get onto the Lucan Road.

Not sure what the ideal solution would be - maybe traffic lights at both the McDonalds junction and again further down the Ongar Road at the turn-off for Lucan ??

Advertisement