Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is this harassment?

Options
  • 13-05-2011 3:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 240 ✭✭

My landlord issued me with a 4 week eviction notice last Saturday the 7th of may. it was over a dispute beween me not paying my last months rent. within the past week the landlord has entered the house to which i rent a room in, 4 times without giving me any notice. last night while i was studying for my exams i heard a knock on the front door at 10pm. i didnt answer it because i was too busy studying. the landlord opened the front door and went into the house. i stayed in my bedroom because i am afraid of the man. i saw his jeep leaving afterwards.
    on wednesday night the landlord called to the front door and didnt say hello. he brushed passed me with a hammer in his hand and went upstairs to do something in the hotpress.
    on saturday he entered the house and left esb bills on the kitchen counter.
    the thursday prior to that he came to the front door with screwdrivers and brushed past me once again without saying hello.
    im getting very pissed off with this man and hes beginning to scare me. i saw him driving around the estate where i live on one occassion and i have reason to believe he is trying to intimidate me into leaving the property early.
    should i go to the police?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

try threshold for information. They are very helpful

http://www.threshold.ie/

You could also pay the rent owed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Why would you go to the Police, there is no crime here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 240 ✭✭slum dog

is trepassing not a crime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I would not class the above as trespass. He appears to be carrying out works in common areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

If your lease provides that you should have exclusive possession and that the landlord has no right of entry then there is trespass. However, that is a civil rather than a criminal matter. Talk to one of the bodies that advises residential tenants.

• Advertisement
Advertisement