Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rights of visitors on a premises

• 12-05-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Can someone please tell me what if any rights a visitor to a factory, wharehouse or any other place of bussiness have. The reason i ask is Im a truck driver and am often left waiting for hours on end in places waiting to be loaded, just last week I was left 6 hours in a place. Now i didnt really mind as this place had a canteen etc. and my truck has tv, dvd, playstation etc. But other places refuse you use of any facilities even toilets and some dont even let you wait in your truck, instead putting you all in a little room like a holding cell, its inhumane.

There is also a couple of places that make you come in and empty your own trailer in the coldstore that is between -10 and -30 in just your jacket while all there workers are in balaclavas, fridge suits and all the correct ppe. Boils my blood it does:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

sammylad wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what if any rights a visitor to a factory, wharehouse or any other place of bussiness have. The reason i ask is Im a truck driver and am often left waiting for hours on end in places waiting to be loaded, just last week I was left 6 hours in a place. Now i didnt really mind as this place had a canteen etc. and my truck has tv, dvd, playstation etc. But other places refuse you use of any facilities even toilets and some dont even let you wait in your truck, instead putting you all in a little room like a holding cell, its inhumane.

There is also a couple of places that make you come in and empty your own trailer in the coldstore that is between -10 and -30 in just your jacket while all there workers are in balaclavas, fridge suits and all the correct ppe. Boils my blood it does:mad:

Shouldn't that keep you warm???? ;)

Just Kidding, With regard to the coldstore, you can site health and safety legislation, if you're not wearing the correct PPE then you're not doing the work, as if anything happens to you, you won't be covered under insurance if not wearing the correct PPE and not correctly trained on policy and procedure.

As for the rest, different companies have different policies. I honestly don't know if there's anything you can do about it. If you work for a company maybe see if there's an internal policy that if, lets say....unloading of the truck doesn't commence within 1 hour of arrival, you just get back in the truck and leave.

A policy like this might not be great for the company if the customers stopped using the company. But would make the people getting the deliveries get their act together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I drove a forklift in a warehouse for a while, we always made the drivers wait in their cabs... We were always told if they even entered the warehouse and somehow got hurt we we would be fcuked if they sued.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

sammylad wrote: »

Your own employer and the host employer are equally liable for ensuring a safe place of work. That includes seeing that you have the proper equipment.

Advertisement