Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wiring LED strobe lights

• 30-08-2015 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

I do marshalling at a few charity cycles, and I was thinking about buying a few strobe lights such as this and this - both of which come with cigarette lighter attachments. Obviously these will only be used for a few days of the year, so I want a solution that's as "plug 'n' play" as possible. Could I just buy a cigarette lighter splitter and plug them all in to that? Or could they be easily wired directly to the battery?

And while I'm at it, do those lights in the links above look like good deals, or will they only last a week and not work again?

Thanks

Comments

Well the good thing about Amazon is you can buy them anyway, and if they turn out to be sh*te, you can just send them back :P
    Amazon's returns policy seems to get great reviews.

EDIT: Speaking of reviews, the second product you linked to (the windscreen lights)
    Fantastic and very bright. My daily commute to work has changed from over an hour to less than twenty minutes. It saves me time and petrol and it has paid for itself many times over. Some BMW drivers don't move out of the way very quickly but most of the time its great....

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I know, some people on Amazon are pure messers :D

Anyone have an answer to my original question? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Anyone have an answer to my original question? Thanks

Magnetic one looks a bit crap to me. The other one looks alright. Should last ok if they are going to be internal. For occasional use I would think the cig lighter splitter option would be best, although you may already have another 12v socket in the rear?

Magnetic one looks a bit crap to me. The other one looks alright. Should last ok if they are going to be internal. For occasional use I would think the cig lighter splitter option would be best, although you may already have another 12v socket in the rear?
    Good stuff, thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement