Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Actually, both go to the group stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Who gets demoted to the qualifiers then ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Spuds still looking up at us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,158 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Really, thank **** we got third

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Thank you Martin Fulop, How different emotions could have been right now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm kind of Happy/angry.

Spuds go out of champions league but Chelsea win it ........... I'm torn :confused:

Oh....

Poor Spurs fans...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Not from london so I don't care we're not the first london team to win the CL. I am very pleased that spurs lost their champions league place however. So pleased we got 3rd.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Not from london so I don't care we're not the first london team to win the CL. I am very pleased that spurs lost their champions league place however. So pleased we got 3rd.

I care more about the 1st than the 2nd. Care most about the third though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Chelski winning tonight is worse than Yids into CL for this gunner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gebbel wrote: »
    Chelski winning tonight is worse than Yids into CL for this gunner

Bale to Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

According to the German TV commentator, Chelsea are in the groups, Arsenal in the qualifiers & Spurs Europa league. I thought we were defo in the groups, anyone got an official link to the correct info?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

Off to Spurs forum back in 5 minutes :)

i would like to congratulate 'Arrry' and Spurs for the terrific record they set tonight. Knocked out of the 2013 champions league, in MAY 2012. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

i would like to congratulate 'Arrry' and Spurs for the terrific record they set tonight. Knocked out of the 2013 champions league, in MAY 2012. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

*triffic :D

jester77 wrote: »
    According to the German TV commentator, Chelsea are in the groups, Arsenal in the qualifiers & Spurs Europa league. I thought we were defo in the groups, anyone got an official link to the correct info?

That has to be wrong. Third definitely gets you to the group stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Well done Chelsea.Who gives a fook about Spurs?Honest.They are not important.And nor are Chelsea.So well done to them for winning.Makes for an interesting Saturday and nothing more.

Ian Dennis from Radio 5 Live has confirmed that all 4 English teams qualify for the group stages. Someone has to lose out but it's not Arsenal

Well done Chelsea.Who gives a fook about Spurs?Honest.They are not important.And nor are Chelsea.So well done to them for winning.Makes for an interesting Saturday and nothing more.

To be fair, it's nice to shove their shite talk from earlier this year right up their arses :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

HazDanz wrote: »

That has to be wrong. Third definitely gets you to the group stages.

That's what I thought, but when you think about it, Spurs are pushed down to Europa and if England get 3 groups & 1 qualifier then who takes the qualifier?

greendom wrote: »
    Ian Dennis from Radio 5 Live has confirmed that all 4 English teams qualify for the group stages. Someone has to lose out but it's not Arsenal

Lowest placed team of the lowest ranked league of the 16 teams that normally automatically qualify??? i dunno..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

dorgasm wrote: »
    To be fair, it's nice to shove their shite talk from earlier this year right up their arses :D

Yea but it's nicer to sit back and not say it.We knew it.They are pathetic and we knew what would happen.So be gunnerly and let them wallow.Wallow wallow wallow.......4th means nothing.

That's what I thought, but when you think about it, Spurs are pushed down to Europa and if England get 3 groups & 1 qualifier then who takes the qualifier?

All 4 English clubs are straight into the group stages. Sky confirmed it there.

I don't know who is losing out, it's not the English clubs anyways (except for Spurs obviously :P).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

does this sound bizare that my spurs mate is congratulating chelsea and defending them as a team against others who say chelsea where lucky to win it? he should be fuming at them lol!

Anyways what does this mean. Should wenger park the bus to try and win trophies?

Seems like you eitehr have to throw a lot of money to your club and/or park the bus in order to be succesful

does this sound bizare that my spurs mate is congratulating chelsea and defending them as a team against others who say chelsea where lucky to win it? he should be fuming at them lol!

Anyways what does this mean. Should wenger park the bus to try and win trophies?

Seems like you eitehr have to throw a lot of money to your club and/or park the bus in order to be succesful

If these are the only way to win a trophy, we won't win a trophy under Wenger :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

dorgasm wrote: »
    If these are the only way to win a trophy, we won't win a trophy under Wenger :)

It looks like defenders win cups - attackers win leagues.

Spurs only have themselves to blame. The only person they should blame for their lack of champions league football is themselves. It should never have come down to Chelsea winning after the fcuk ups we made and the opportunities they should have capitalized on.

not park the bus but defend with a bit more organisation. We could never have kept Bayern to one goal with the possession they had tonight.

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    It looks like defenders win cups - attackers win leagues.

Well put. Arsenal break the trend of course :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement