Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob's Burgers [Fox - US]

Options
  • 10-01-2011 3:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Kicked off tonite on Fox, another Sunday block cartoon....thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I really liked it, thought Kristen Schaals character stole the show. Will definitely be watching next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Will watch tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I liked the look of this from previews.. the promo gave me more giggles than a 90 second promo should.

Will give it a watch later.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Thought it was really funny actually. I love H. Jon Benjamin though.

As opposed to other animated comedies, they actually had a storyline and not just a bunch of random jokes. The part where they were talking to eachother though the window and saying "it's your daughter..." etc. had me in stitches.

Thought this was very funny actually..

I'll keep watching. It did pretty good in the ratings too AFAIK.

• Advertisement

2nd episode is very good. Louise is a great character and Bob drinking with the nightlight was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Loving this, funniest new show I've seen in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Doctor Zaius

Another fan here. Great show, love the humour in it. Second episode was excellent.

Seems to be getting a lot of mixed reviews in the media which I don't really understand.

The ratings are really good IMO.

Episode 2 scored a 2.6 with 5.103million Live + SD viewers.

That's just a fraction below Desperate Housewives and The Simpsons and almost twice what American Dad rated.

Didn't think the second episode had as many LOL moments as the pilot, but was still very good!

Loved Gene's insistence that Salman Rushdie wrote "The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe"! :D

• Advertisement

Great. This show just keeps getting better. Some great parts in this episode and hilarious one-liners.

MURDERER! :D

OMG the pile of Moolissa on the stand in court was genius.:pac:
    Everybody pee on the floor!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

it is surprisingly good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Looked at first episode, has promise......any sign of Sky signing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

It's on E4 alright but not sure of the day/time.
    Saw it advertised but didn't bother watching it because I didn't think it would be that funny. By the sounds of it I may be wrong. Must try and catch an episode.

Edit: It's on Tuesday at 10.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I watched the first episode last night. Very funny, definitely going to watch more on 4OD.

Wahey.. it's got a second season!
    FOX ORDERS UP A SECOND SERVING OF “BOB’S BURGERS”

Animated Series Renewed for a Second Season

All-New Episode Airs Sunday, April 10, on FOX

Animation Domination newcomer BOB’S BURGERS has been renewed for a second season, it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, President of Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.

“BOB’S BURGERS has proved to be a perfect neighbor to our slate of fan-favorite animated families this year,” said Reilly. “The series has found its own really unique, irreverent voice and is doing consistent business for us on Sundays, so we’re excited to serve up another season to the fans.”

The premiere of BOB’S BURGERS this year was the highest-rated new series debut on any network so far this season. The series currently ranks among the Top 10 programs this season among young men.

In the all-new “Burger War” episode, airing Sunday, April 10 (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT), BOB’s (H. Jon Benjamin) eccentric landlord, MR. FISCHOEDER (guest voice Kevin Kline), pays the family a visit to deliver some bad news. Bob’s rival across the street, JIMMY PESTO (guest voice Jay Johnston) of Jimmy Pesto’s Pizzeria, wants to take over Bob’s lease so that he can expand his gift shop. With little time and not enough money, the Belcher family must cook up some business or luck to save the restaurant.

BOB’S BURGERS follows a third-generation restaurateur as he runs his own burger joint with the help of his wife and their three kids. Bob has big ideas about burgers, condiments and sides, but only a few thoughts on customer service and business management. Despite his greasy counters, lousy location and occasionally spotty service, Bob is convinced his burgers speak for themselves. The animated series features the voice talents of H. Jon Benjamin, John Roberts, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman and Kristen Schaal.
    Source

A little suprised as it's ratings were far from stellar, but it's been VERY funny.

Louise is undoubtedly the star of the show though!

D9E4B1F5-9DF9-4DD7-85D3-D8037CA316BC_extra.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Jacksquat

Just found the show this week and loved it. I watched the season and there are some very funny parts. Louise is my favourite character as I guess she will be for a lot of people. Gene's enthusiasm can be very funny too! Looking forward to the next ep

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I like how every woman bar louise is played by a guy, Tina at times can be scary.

Her thinking of punching the girl for talking about her to Jimmy Jr or her zombie sex dreams.... Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Jacksquat

Just watched "weekend at mort's" It may be because its still fresh but I'm really liking this show. The kid's are brilliant. Gene and Louise are priceless!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Just have to say I love this show and am introducing it to anyone who will listen. I'd say I've watched each episode 4 or 5 times. It and Archer have replaced Aqua Teen and the Life and Times of Tim at the moment for me.

Good one Koochi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

FOX just renewed the show for seasons 7 and 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

I can't get used to watching Archer run a burger joint.........

Great show with a surprising amount of heart, kind of like the Simpsons before the series jumped the shark.

Advertisement