Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Mc Love wrote: »
    Super jealous of you guys, just under a week until I get to unwrap my PS4!

Best behaviour so or no Santy!!

On a online session earlier got invited to an xbox party and they wanted people to meet up at the big christmas tree and sing carols :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

brijay wrote: »
    You shouldn't get banned should you? considering we are betting money our own money

No its legit because it's part of the game... It's not like ur modding...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

So I am doing rooftop rumble and the guy gets the brief case but heads towards downtown vine wood, he's there a good while so I decide to go see what he's doing and I find him running in and out if the 24/7 store.
    Apparently there is a glitch where if you kill the store clerk and keep going in and out, cash appears on the floor. It's random amounts, I did it for a while and made 5k

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

Missing all these glitches :( in London for the weekend visiting family (and my favourite Staffy). Hope the challenges work when I get back late tomorrow, would love treat myself to a few things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Been having a break from GTA but decided to give it a go since the new update but it seems my disc is fcuked. It loads for about 30 secs then either freezes my xbox or just goes black and restarts loading. No visable scratches on the disc and i've tried clearing the cache and everything. FML.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

So I am doing rooftop rumble and the guy gets the brief case but heads towards downtown vine wood, he's there a good while so I decide to go see what he's doing and I find him running in and out if the 24/7 store.
    Apparently there is a glitch where if you kill the store clerk and keep going in and out, cash appears on the floor. It's random amounts, I did it for a while and made 5k

Max , would this work on ps3 as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Max , would this work on ps3 as well?

Pretty sure he is doing it on ps3

Oh, I didn't know he was unbanned and assumed he was doing it on new Xbox one

Still named but I've created an account and even been in a session with you MartellusOvammer it's the name

Lol martellus, you could have said!!!!!! I am a bit slow on the takeup lol.

So it was ps3?

I just tried it but there was no shop assistant....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Finally got past the 1m mark thanks to the 250k races

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyone else having trouble getting online?

It's telling me files needed for online play can't be downloaded (PS4)

Only 5k challenges left for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Gta online is a mess, constant lag, cars appearing in front of you floating in the air, getting kicked every 10 mins.

Heists wont work for a good year at this rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Max, despite Sony being total pr!cks, you should be ok to continue with your original character. Try associating your R* social club account with your new PSN name. Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but it should work. (I hope so, cos I'm gonna create a new PSN name for the PS4).

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

I can only see 5k challenges as well. Looks like i might have missed the boat. Only got a chance to get on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

TacoMan wrote: »
    Max, despite Sony being total pr!cks, you should be ok to continue with your original character. Try associating your R* social club account with your new PSN name. Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but it should work. (I hope so, cos I'm gonna create a new PSN name for the PS4).

what ya changing it to? 99 laps :pac:

According to rockstar I've never won a deathmatch on the ps3 or a rally race, you shower of gowls, I did that ****e months ago, fecking trophy wont unlock. Just did a deathmatch there and still didn't register as a win..

Really confused now, just signed in and loaded the game, all of my festive clothes have dissapeared and aren't even in the wardrobe!?

No festive clothes in shops!!!! Getting scared now!! Panicking don't know what to do!

• Advertisement

Panic averted, switched off and in again, was in crisis over how I would manage without elf shoes!

Oh jaysus, maybe im not missing out too much afterall!

TacoMan wrote: »

How can I? I just tried unlinking my rockstar with my PSN and linking it with the new one but nothing happened

Joined a sesion there and got kicked within 5 mins.

Seems the only way to play gta online is to join a invite only sesion by yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

When we were a lobby rossi i ended up parachuting into blackness and landed back on the street. Iv been getting kicked more and more since the winter update stuff came in. Pretty frustrating. Might leave it and try again later

Found a new crew car, even is in pink and all

Having fierce problems trying to transfer my PS3 characters across to PS4. It says I'm logged into Social Club, but there is not previous saved data for GTA Online. I read there is some patch to fix this, but can't find it anywhere. Anyone got any ideas?

Feck it! It doesn't like my new PSN account, so logging in with the old one. Fingers crossed it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

GTA online wasn't working for me tonight so I turned it off.

Hopefully your transfer goes ok TacoMan.

• Advertisement

Yeah the two bowsies have transferred across. Just applying the xmas update now, hopefully it will go smoothly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭keano25

Has anyone else got snow? Not had a bit of it since the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Guys, are any of ye gona be gaming on ps4 Christmas Day? Reason Im asking is I won't be on, going back to home home, and was seeing if someone would log in for me to get the Christmas present from r*. If yer just gonna spent my money on a new property and adders, I won't bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,905 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

keano25 wrote: »
    Has anyone else got snow? Not had a bit of it since the last day.

What was the last day? R* said it will be a surprise release and coukd be 1 day or a few days. Missed it last year so hopefully they keep it going a few days so i at least get to try the snowball fight. A lot of people won't be on Christmas day so should be a few days between xmas and new years. I'm gonna jump in xmas morning for a minute just to see what the inventory surprise is, probably something stupid though.

Anybody on
    Online doing anything?

(Ps4)

sheehy83 wrote: »
    What was the last day? R* said it will be a surprise release and coukd be 1 day or a few days. Missed it last year so hopefully they keep it going a few days so i at least get to try the snowball fight. A lot of people won't be on Christmas day so should be a few days between xmas and new years. I'm gonna jump in xmas morning for a minute just to see what the inventory surprise is, probably something stupid though.

Is that you putting your hand up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭keano25

sheehy83 wrote: »

The day of the update I had snow in my game for about 5 minutes.

jackrussel wrote: »
    was seeing if someone would log in for me to get the Christmas present from r*.

I wouldnt recommend giving someone off the internet your account details :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,905 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

jackrussel wrote: »
    Is that you putting your hand up?

Haha il barely have enough time to log in as myself but yeah man ditto what proco said, i wouldn't recommend giving your rockstar account details (or any online credentials) to people on forums. Stranger Danger and all that lark.

I'll do it...

... I've always wanted to see what bad sports is like :pac:

And there was me thinking ye were soundish :P

• Advertisement

It's probably already been pointed out but I find it handy to sell the yellow lowrider cars that are already modded (from the ghetto in Rancho) instead of the old Ballers. They go for around 13k, not too shabby. Its harder to find already modded Sentinels, as ye know they come and go really.

JDM Jack wrote: »
    It's probably already been pointed out but I find it handy to sell the yellow lowrider cars that are already modded (from the ghetto in Rancho) instead of the old Ballers. They go for around 13k, not too shabby. Its harder to find already modded Sentinels, as ye know they come and go really.

New to me, will have to keep an eye out for those!

Jaggy wrote: »
    New to me, will have to keep an eye out for those!

They nearly always spawn in the same location, I don't have a screenshot to put it up though. It's just above Elysium Island, across from Cypress Flats.
    This video shows you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCUlmg0NAvY
    Pretty obvious but it's a handy replacement for people who depended on selling the Baller.

JDM Jack wrote: »
    They nearly always spawn in the same location, I don't have a screenshot to put it up though. It's just above Elysium Island, across from Cypress Flats.
    This video shows you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCUlmg0NAvY
    Pretty obvious but it's a handy replacement for people who depended on selling the Baller.

Naturally, there wasn't a vehicle in sight when I went there. But it did trigger a gang attack :pac:

I'll keep checking back every now and then, thanks for the tip!

Do the crate drops happen in invite only sessions with 1 player?

I wouldnt mind getting some of the drops.

I've got three so far not that great. Not sure if they spawn in invite only.

monkeynuz wrote: »
    I've got three so far not that great. Not sure if they spawn in invite only.

Darn, i can never seem to get them when theres other players

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Do the crate drops happen in invite only sessions with 1 player?

I wouldnt mind getting some of the drops.

I've seen loads appear in servers with other players.

Apparently no crate drops appear until you complete the first mission for Ron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jaggy wrote: »
    I've seen loads appear in servers with other players.

Apparently no crate drops appear until you complete the first mission for Ron.

They drop every few hours and you get a warning say when theyre dropping and in what general direction closer to it.

If I'm close I'll try get to them, if I see other players trying get them I try pick them off before they get to the box, just to p*ss them off :o

They dont drop if there are only 2 people in the session I've noticed.
    I managed to get 5 of them the other night, as soon as I get a message saying there will be a Crate Drop in x hours, I get a chopper and try to hover near the middle of the map or one of the usual locations that they are dropped at.
    Then I wait for the message to say its on its way and thats when I check the map to see where it is.
    If there are other players nearby, your gonna have a shoot out with them and the gangs that wait there for you.

Its always handy to have someone help you out unless its Proco who promises to help you get them after he gets one and then disappears ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement