Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STEPHEN COLBERT

Options
  • 14-09-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

anyone else think this guy is an absolute legend, is he popular at all in ireland, not many people i talk to seem to know him, love this video of him and bill oreilly.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QquTUR9nbC4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I used to watch his show and TDS religiously, stopped during the last election campaign and haven't bothered getting back in since. He's one funny ****er alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

He's a legend!

Got his book "I Am America ans So Can You"

Hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah he's great. Anyone see the bit from The Daily Show where he cracks up eating the banana? Hilarious. Unlikely to be on Youtube though because they delete a lot of stuff.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Was proud to be in the Colbert nation for some time...
    But what happened to the shows on FX??

They used to be aired at around 11pm but now its wall to wall NCIS?

Where is colbert aired now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Was proud to be in the Colbert nation for some time...
    But what happened to the shows on FX??

They used to be aired at around 11pm but now its wall to wall NCIS?

Where is colbert aired now?
    FX dropped it a good while back, there was a thread on here about it. Don't think anyone's picked it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-november-10-2003/prince-charles-scandal

This is my favorite Colbert clip, where he completely breaks character laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yeah around the election and then when he went over to Iraq (Afghanistan?) I stopped watching it. Would usually watch the clips on his website (pretty much the whole episode)

His parodying is hilarious though. Especially when he brings out his fundie Christian/Creationist side. Really love "The Word", because even though it's mostly jokes he usually ends it on a pretty poignant remark (usually concerning FOX news)

I swear if FOX news ever shut down, he'd be out of a job. Look up "Doom Bunker", the scary thing is it's almost identical to a feature on FOX news called "War Room" by, Glenn "Brick Tamland" Beck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Ed_

Someone should tell Comedy Central that FX don't show it over here anymore. Still not able to view full episodes on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I was searching for the same answer as the OP. Do any of the channels on the basic UPC package show The Colbert Report? Even once a week?

I think he's a fab comedian, his political satire has me in even more stitches than Jon Stewart and that's saying something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Ed_ wrote: »
    Someone should tell Comedy Central that FX don't show it over here anymore. Still not able to view full episodes on the website.

2 years later and it is still the same. Ditto for the Daily Show :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    2 years later and it is still the same. Ditto for the Daily Show :mad:

Bah humbug :mad:

But isn't the Daily Show on the Comedy Channel or More 4? Pretty sure it was on about 3 months ago unless its been pulled since ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

More 4 dropped it. No idea about Comedy Central showing it over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    More 4 dropped it. No idea about Comedy Central showing it over here.

Sure how could CC fit it in between the flood of 2.5 men, Lee Evans and Micheal Macintyre?...Sometimes I actually think their schedule is chosen at random..Especially the shortcuts.

Advertisement