Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Blues

Options
  • 02-03-2010 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Just watched the two episodes of Traffic Blues on RTE player and I cant get my head around why the Garda are so leanient with everyone. They keep letting people go! How do we expect people to learn that laws are in place for a reason while the cops just keep letting people go? They just stopped a kid with **** all documents driving a wreck and the let him go home after driving 140km? Then afterwards they complain he as doing it, to the camera? Is it just me or is there something wrong with our law inforcement?

Finally. None of them can talk properly. Its as though for the first time they have to say the right thing in front of the camera. lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

There was a lot of discussion about this show a few months ago when it first aired. I think the general concensus was that it was poorly put together but has lots of potential for future shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Didn't see this ep, but a funny article on it in the Indo.
    Traffic Blues could be rechristened Law & Order: Mighty Craic Altogether. It has the feel of a show that might have been put together by a few well-resourced guards to show their mammies what they do and to reassure them that they’re not in any danger at all.
    I’m sure that’s not true, and that many gardai bravely risk injury every day of the week, but you get no sense of that from Traffic Blues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Didn't see this ep, but a funny article on it in the Indo.

He clearly missed the 1st episodes car chase, that was worthy of roadwars.

calex71 wrote: »
    He clearly missed the 1st episodes car chase, that was worthy of roadwars.

Nice, I'll look for it on the player. Love cop shows so it's good that there is an Irish one.

Nice, I'll look for it on the player. Love cop shows so it's good that there is an Irish one.

Me too , I thought road wars was dead and gone, but from it's ashes rises "Cop Squad" switched on sky one earlier and there it was, I lol'd at the title because I tuned in mid show and thought it was a roadwars I hadn't seen, then when the break came I saw it wasn't roadwars, I nearly wet myself laughing at the title :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Did I miss something when the 155kmph Merc got pulled over? They must have thought that the driver was going to fail the breath test back at the station, but when he passed it, they still tried to prosecute him for dangerous driving. The court later decided that he was going to be prosecuted for careless driving instead.

So, why didn't he just get done for speeding, or did they decide that wasn't enough, in that he was clocked at 155kmph?

There have been some good ones on UK tv lately.

The Force on Channel 4. Interesting because it follows an investigation from start to finish. Similar to the show The First 48 on A&E.

Police Academy UK on BBC3. This one is quiet funny at times! Interesting also to see how policing in the UK compares to other countries! UK cops have it tough!

There was another good one on ITV I think, but I cannot think of the name. It was a 4 parter, with a different portion of policing every night, such as the holding cells or out on the beat. Maybe it was The Lock Up on BBC3, but I'm pretty sure it was a 4 parter, with a different area of policing each episode.

All BBC "Crime & Justice".

After a quick search, Coppers on Channel 4 seems to be the one I'm looking for! The crap they have to put up with! The amount of 999 calls about facebook!

The amount of 999 calls about facebook!

This I have to see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'm glad the guards are the way they are as shown on this programme. They are not supposed to be the heavy mob enforcers but crime prevention officers.

Road death statistics over the last few years have been dropping showing that they are being effective at their job.

Advertisement