Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bones

Options
  • 16-04-2011 4:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭

why does deschanel increasingly play bones like she's a mental case? her manic laughing exaggeratedly like she's mentally retarded kid on a suger buzz?

btw i can't stand the english assistant didn't watch the show when he came in, couldn't care less about his need to overshare about his breakdown now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Was rewatching series 1 and the laugh was there then, nothing new. I like all the interns, they add a bit of variety, and help to make up for the lack of zach.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

its definitely gotten worse, even regular watchers on imdb thinks she's mental regressed to the point of a disorder

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460627/board/flat/181033511

interesting and hilarious page about tv tropes http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Can't find an official Bones thread?....but it's been renewed by Fox for a 7th season.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Can't find an official Bones thread?....but it's been renewed by Fox for a 7th season.

Sweet!

oh no!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

This will make 16 combined seasons of watching David Boreanaz. I believe this is a record for me...

ixoy wrote: »
    This will make 16 combined seasons of watching David Boreanaz. I believe this is a record for me...

Jesus, its hard to believe he's been on TV that long - think it's only gonna be 15 though, unless he was in something else apart from Buffy, Angel and Bones?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I see there's going to be a Bones spin-off
    with Saffron Burrows getting on everyone's tits pretending to be a Cockney

Jesus, its hard to believe he's been on TV that long - think it's only gonna be 15 though, unless he was in something else apart from Buffy, Angel and Bones?
    You're right - it's "only" 15.
    For my viewing, he'll tie in with Amanda Tapping who'll have 15 seasons too (10 SG1, 1 SGA, and 4 for 'Sanctuary'). Not sure who has the most episodes between them (and IMDB isn't always a great indicator) given some of the seasons of each of their shows were short, Angel wasn't always in it, etc.

^I'd say Boreanaz has more episodes overall seeing as Buffy, Angel, Bones usually had 22 or more episodes per season, whereas Stargate's had 20... It all adds up...

Not to go to far off topic, but is Sanctuary worth getting into? - haven't heard all that much about it, except that Amanda Tapping has one of the lead roles...

• Advertisement

^I'd say Boreanaz has more episodes overall seeing as Buffy, Angel, Bones usually had 22 or more episodes per season, whereas Stargate's had 20... It all adds up...
    Ah but he wasn't in many episodes of "Buffy" S1 and it was short, and S5 of "Angel" was short too :)

Either way, I've seen a lot of their faces.
    Not to go to far off topic, but is Sanctuary worth getting into? - haven't heard all that much about it, except that Amanda Tapping has one of the lead roles...
    Yes I think so. There's a lot of green screen in it and so it sometimes looks quite fake but the stories generally have a decent mix of humour and drama. It also improves as it goes along and the current (third) season is easily the best so far.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

If you like Eureka or Warehouse 13 you'll probably like it, it's a similar kind of light sci-fi comedy drama, but a bit heavier on the drama and lighter on the comedy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

On topic, I think the current season of bones is floundering a bit. Hopefully they'll try and liven it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I love bones and have seen every series too. Wasnt really sure what you guys were talking about re her inane laughter etc until I watched last night. OMG - what the hell! Maybe I noticed it more because I had read it here but its really odd. Is it leading to a new series where she is committed to the loony bin?????

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

I do like her. She's literal and I find watching her funny even if sometimes yes she is a loony

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Great episode there, was done very well
    with nigel murray dieing
    and
    finally booth and brennan get together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I quite like Bones, I've only seen the past two seasons but it keeps me entertained :) I'm glad there's a new season :D

VinLieger wrote: »
    Great episode there, was done very well
    with nigel murray dieing
    and
    finally booth and brennan get together

yeah they got rid of that annoying character, but he provided one last really annoying and awkward scene that i had to turn down the sound on and turn away, couldn't watch it.

and really? hmm we'll see

what, did we just turn on mtv pregnant and 16, ever heard of birth control ms bones huh!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

what, did we just turn on mtv pregnant and 16, ever heard of birth control ms bones huh!

Totally didnt see that coming,
    took long enough for them to get together but a pregnancy? also their getting together wasnt exactly planned so i doubt brith control was the first thing on their minds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

VinLieger wrote: »
    Totally didnt see that coming,
    took long enough for them to get together but a pregnancy? also their getting together wasnt exactly planned so i doubt brith control was the first thing on their minds

It was thrown in as Emily is pregant in real life so they decided to have Bones pregant.

http://bit.ly/loflWH < spoilerific EW url

which again they BS about.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

My opinion on the finale:
    I think it was a terrible mistake to write in Emily Deschanel's pregnancy. Whatever the emotional turmoil of Vincent's death, the character of Bones would not be the sort of woman who forgets about contraception. They've alluded lots of times to casual sexual relationships she has, so she'd likely be on the pill. Also, they failed to mention anywhere in the script that this episode was apparently set a month after the last one.

It's a shame that they decided to move the get-together scene entirely off camera. When you build a show on the premise that two leads will eventually get together, dragging it out far too long (imo), the fans deserve to see a proper kiss at least.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

pinkypinky wrote: »
    My opinion on the finale:
    I think it was a terrible mistake to write in Emily Deschanel's pregnancy. Whatever the emotional turmoil of Vincent's death, the character of Bones would not be the sort of woman who forgets about contraception. They've alluded lots of times to casual sexual relationships she has, so she'd likely be on the pill. Also, they failed to mention anywhere in the script that this episode was apparently set a month after the last one.

It's a shame that they decided to move the get-together scene entirely off camera. When you build a show on the premise that two leads will eventually get together, dragging it out far too long (imo), the fans deserve to see a proper kiss at least.
    Accidents happen

now i wish i'd put spoiler tags on top of this thread

the whole point of bones story is she had to comfortable enough with herself to have someone care for her, okay so she reached that point and death of a friend pushed her to yerman, so why spoil THAT moment with a situation where it seem she might be forced in to a relationship with a person because she has a child with him rather then maintaining it for herself.
    condoms!
    of course you could say that in contrast to her recreational sex, the sex with him had to be entirely opposite, ie. procreational, but thats kinda extreme.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ show is sending out a very negative message to young wans, why did these two ADULTS not use a
    condom!
    - poor writing producers!

^ show is sending out a very negative message to young wans, why did these two ADULTS not use a
    condom!
    - poor writing producers!

Do you even watch this show Richard? I think its a bit grown up for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I also think it was a mistake to
    write Emily's pregnancy in
    . Have to say I was a little disapponited in the season finale. I've been watching the show since it began (what, 5 or so years ago?) and I've
    been waiting that long for Bones and Booth to get together. For it finally to happen offscreen bothered me. I mean, can't they give the fans a little something?
    We'll see how they handle it next season.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I also think it was a mistake to
    write Emily's pregnancy in
    . Have to say I was a little disapponited in the season finale. I've been watching the show since it began (what, 5 or so years ago?) and I've
    been waiting that long for Bones and Booth to get together. For it finally to happen offscreen bothered me. I mean, can't they give the fans a little something?
    We'll see how they handle it next season.

what did you guys expect to see, really! they did the passionate kiss betw them years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

I still like Bones and will continue to watch, though I'm leaning towards hoping that Season 7 is its last. It's just so...stale. The Season 6 finale's conclusion was contrived and lazy on the part of the writers. Really disappointed. They're rushing everything into a few episodes/a season what they should have done over the course of a few seasons. Plus the characters are poorly-developed, regressive and slowly becoming parodies of themselves, especially Brennan. I've read Fanfiction that does a better job of developing and writing those characters. You don't appreciate how bad it's gotten until you watch Seasons 1 and 2. The whole tone of the show has shifted.

As an aside, if you're looking for a show that's similar to Bones but infinitely better, check out Castle. It's about a crime novelist, Richard Castle, who partners with an NYPD homicide detective, Kate Beckett, and they solve murders. Contrived as that sounds, it's actually pretty good. I'm an avid Bones fan, but I've come to adore Castle.

The cases are better, the characters are better-developed throughout the course of the show (it's entering its fourth season in the fall) and the sexual tension is really well-pitched. Unlike Bones, which seemed afraid to really address UST until, what? Season 5? Castle has been building it up little by little in a far more natural way since the beginning. I rarely if ever find a scene that I find awkward or cringey, whereas on Bones every episode has a few.

Most people who liked Bones in its hey-day like Castle, with good reason :3

Advertisement