Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless mouse issue

Options
  • 23-10-2008 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi all

For some reason, my wireless usb mouse is not working with my laptop.

The Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 9300, running XP professional and just over 3 years old. The USB ports are working as expected for all devices apart from my mouse. In fact, they pick up the wireless mouse ok too, it is listed as 'functioning properly' in the device manager. But it won't work for me and i have to use the touchpad to move around the screen.

It is not an issue with the battery or the mouse. I know because i have two wireless mice, each with fresh batteries. In the case of each one, it worked for a couple of minutes and then just stopped.

Anyone have any idea what might be the problem here? Any help greatly appreciated..

Gav

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

Check the mouse is being recognised as a pointer device in the hardware tab of your mouse properties in the control panel, there should be a trouble shooting button if the device is showing that might help you

Advertisement