Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo All Nighter |July 19th-20th

Options
  • 29-06-2015 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭

It's that time again, so lets play again...

The Evo All nighter returns https://www.facebook.com/events/1626184767650797/

€350 (Gotta confirm) flat cost for the night, the more people who attend, the less each person has to pay.

For anyone who isn't aware of how this is usually handled. We get access to the entire upstairs and all its set ups from 8.30pm/10pm till 8am sharp. We hook up the stream to a few of the monitors and have it on throughout the night. You're allowed to bring your own food and drink.

Its a really great event if you're new to come along and just get to know everybody and play games.

Here is a picture and video from 2011 when we had a small turn out

hqdefault.jpg

It's really open ended and food is organized.

Come by, get drunk, talk about how you coulda done that DP better than Daigo on stream, get bopped, money match your BFF..we have all night

If you're interested, PLEASE post you're coming, it makes everything much easier.

Coming 13 votes

Shoryuken count me in
    0% 0 votes
    I hope you like disappoint...no.
    100% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I'll be there

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Should be there

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'll be there.

Til the stars don't shine, til the heavens burst, and the words don't rhyme.

And when I die, Yun will be on my mind,

Because I love Evo, always.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I don't wanna miss this, should be there.

I stronly urge players from outside of Dublin to attend, its the best opportunity to grind offline games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Anyone got a spare Dreamcast stick?

Cos I just bought a Dreamcast with a stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Will be there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'll be there.

Til the stars don't shine, til the heavens burst, and the words don't rhyme.

And when I die, Yun will be on my mind,

Because I love Evo, always.

Mind the windows :pac:

On topic, not sure yet if I can be arsed, I'll let you know Nutrient

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Hope to be there, missed out on the last 2 for obvious reasons. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I'll be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ramza wrote: »
    Mind the windows :pac:

On topic, not sure yet if I can be arsed, I'll let you know Nutrient

Come down, Scrub

Show 3S kiddies whats up :cool:

Update:We are going to be hosting a raffle at the XGC All Nighter!

Winner gets The PS3/PS4 compatible Venom Arcade stick thanks to our good friends at Player1.ie

Grab a ticket stub or 2 on the day and you're in!

11227560_1006895445988871_6566573966578364030_n.jpg?oh=e90551e0557efe32af89b6c28c42c477&oe=5621304B

So info/advice for people attending:

If you're new, stop by 7.30pm to get idea of whats going on, if you attend later when doors are closed you'll have trouble getting in if you're not a regular.

If possible,please, apply anti-perspirant, roll on prior entering, really helps.

It is €10 entry to the event, times are 8/8am, I'll make an announcement when everyone has dropped by for collection, we'll headcount then collect.

Don't be afraid to ask for games, some players will keep playing even when there set is up!, I'd pin mug shots of offenders but I'm also one of them...

Be sure to keep your bag out of the floor space, we wont be responsible if the Elena player has someone lose their **** and break their controller off it

Everyone, Bring copies of games you play, bring copies of games you play, brin..

We'll be playing sets in a plethora of fighters (Smash, USF4, UMVC3, KI, MKX, Puyo tetris, 3rdStrike, SF2, yateragusa..wtf , TTT2, and more) there will be a few stream set ups for you to sit and watch comfortably with others, talk crap, make fun of other games you don't play and best of all enjoy the fan to help relieve the inferno that is XGC (anyone hogs that fan I swear I'll strap you to a smash set up)

Finally, Rachel, who is currently putting together a volume of work about the IFGC and E-sports in general will be at the event looking to learn lots about Fighters and the community, if you'd like to contribute to her research whether it be fighting games, social effects or gaming, E-sports social activities please feel free to contribute

That's all, gonna have a cuppa

Hope to see you all there

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Onion got that jungle fever BAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭spriral

I'll be over early at around six if anyone wants a few games before the event starts.

spriral wrote: »
    I'll be over early at around six if anyone wants a few games before the event starts.

I'll be picking up two lads from the Bus station, should be over directly afterwards.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm already there but don't have gear to play spriral (have some of the streamy stuff instead).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Watching Xrd from home but heading in right after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

On the bus up to Dublin as we speak, should be in town around 8.

• Advertisement
Advertisement