Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor vs Siver on BT Sports 19th Jan. Prelims: Midnight. Main Card: 3am

Options
  • 05-11-2014 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

paddyholohanufcdublin2.jpg

UFC’s January 18 return to Boston’s TD Garden, which already boasts Irish talents Conor McGregor and Norman Parke, has taken on an even deeper shade of green as Paddy ‘The Hooligan’ Holohan (10-1-1) has been confirmed to face off against American veteran Shane Howell (13-8).

“I’m so happy to be a part of the UFC card in Boston,” said Holohan. “We are going to recreate the same atmosphere we had in Dublin – it’ll be Dublin in Boston. As I always say to the fans, I’m one of them and I know with the Boston crowd it will be the same, like home away from home. I know I’m the job to start that party over in Boston.

‘The Hooligan’ also commented Shane Howell and how he is expecting a finish when they meet on January 18.

“I’ve seen a bit about him, his record suggests that he’s been around and I can’t wait to have a knock around with him. I don’t really do early predictions but I’m coming to finish this guy.”

MORE >> http://severemma.com/2014/11/paddy-holohan-set-for-boston-bout-with-shane-howell-on-january-18/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nazza 87

Hey me and few mates are heading to Boston to see conor mcgregors fight in January and was wondering do u know how I can get tickets for the fight. (which website etc) cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Ticket master on the 20th this month. Check out TD garden website for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Pendred vs Sean Spencer added. Decent test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Lads any vague idea of ticket prices for this??

• Advertisement

50 - 300 dollars

looked on td garden and some of them are ridiculously expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ColGreen

nazza 87 wrote: »
    Hey me and few mates are heading to Boston to see conor mcgregors fight in January and was wondering do u know how I can get tickets for the fight. (which website etc) cheers

I can get tickets for this from tomorrow on, my gym here in Boston has early access to tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Cathal Pendred vs. Sean Spencer added to UFC Fight Night 59 now. Great news for Pendred considering he was born in Boston. Remember him saying in an interview that it was an ambition of his to fight there.

Cathal Pendred vs. Sean Spencer added to UFC Fight Night 59 now. Great news for Pendred considering he was born in Boston. Remember him saying in an interview that it was an ambition of his to fight there.

Look up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Spencer should have enough to beat Pendred imo especially after Pendreds showing in his last fight. Big step up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

normanmasvidal580.jpg

Ever since Stormin’ Norman Parke won his place in the UFC’s books after beating Colin Fletcher at the finale of TUF: The Smashes in December 2012 he’s had one goal – to establish himself in the promotion’s top 15 rankings.

After claiming his first finish under the UFC banner in the second round of his Dublin bout with Naoyuki Kotani, the Antrim man made it clear who he wanted face next as he called out a former championship contender in his post-fight interview.

When his wish was granted in the shape of a bout with Diego Sanchez at UFC 180, Parke knew a win would at least put him in the conversation for a spot in the rankings. Although Sanchez was well passed his best, his name still garnered a lot of respect.

However, when the Next Generation Northern Ireland lightweight had to withdraw from the contest, he was slightly unsure whether he would get matched with an opponent that could propel him into the rankings. Now matched with number 13 ranked Jorge Masvidal for UFC’s Boston return on January 18, Parke couldn’t be happier.

“There was that initial thought that maybe the injury could lose me some momentum,” said Parke. “Then I thought to myself, I got injured so how could that be used as an excuse to give me someone lower in the rankings that Diego Sanchez?

“I kind of thought about it then and focused on the fact that I’m still undefeated in UFC, I knew then that they’d give me someone that would test me. Joe Silva emailed me a few names on and said pick the top three. There was only one I wanted and that was Jorge Masvidal. He was the highest ranked out of all of them. That matchup would give me the chance to get amongst the UFC rankings.”

MORE >> http://severemma.com/2014/11/norman-parke-eyes-ufc-rankings-spot-ahead-of-masvidal-test/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nazza 87

ColGreen wrote: »
    I can get tickets for this from tomorrow on, my gym here in Boston has early access to tickets!

Ah your dead lucky looks like I may wait till the 20th of this month and pray I get 2

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ColGreen

Here's the ticket prices for the event:
    P1 floor - $226.20
    P1 riser - $226.20
    P2 - $154.20
    P3 - $90.60
    P4 - $76.20
    P5 - $52.20
    P6 - $42.60

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mmapk

P1 floor - $226.20
    P1 riser - $226.20
    P2 - $154.20
    P3 - $90.60
    P4 - $76.20
    P5 - $52.20
    P6 - $42.60

Thanks for the ticket prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

P1 floor - $226.20
    P1 riser - $226.20
    P2 - $154.20
    P3 - $90.60
    P4 - $76.20
    P5 - $52.20
    P6 - $42.60

Where did ya get those prices?

The Fight Club admins said these are the prices:

Ticket Prices (not including fees):
    P1 = $185
    P2 = $125
    P3 = $90
    P4 = $75
    P5 = $50
    P6 = $40

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Generally speaking, take what the FC admin says with about a half pound of salt. They almost always have no clue what they're on about.

On the odd occasion they are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mmapk

Isn't that the Face price + bookings fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,104 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That would explain the extra dollar or two on the $40-$90 tickets. Not not the $30 and $40 on the P2 and P1 tickets respectively.
    The first prices look more accurate to me based on other events I've priced.

This was my guess last week
    Tickets will be starting around $50 and go up to $215 or so for cageside.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 lion777

If I was travelling all the way to boston for this fight id spend the extra money on top of the range seats waste of time going and being left up with a pair of binoculars.

• Advertisement

lion777 wrote: »
    If I was travelling all the way to boston for this fight id spend the extra money on top of the range seats waste of time going and being left up with a pair of binoculars.

??
    There's nothing stopping you paying $225 and going for cageside if you wanted to

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 lion777

Mellor wrote: »
    ??
    There's nothing stopping you paying $225 and going for cageside if you wanted to

I was making a general point I wouldnt be bothered about ticket prices if I was going id budget a few hundred for a decent ticket id say a 50 dollar one would be up in the clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭osl

I was making a general point I wouldnt be bothered about ticket prices if I was going id budget a few hundred for a decent ticket id say a 50 dollar one would be up in the clouds.

Best seats are the cheaper ones. Preferably front few rows of the balcony level. Floor level seats aren't worth it for UFC events imo. Was at the last McGregor fight in Boston. There are no bad seats

It's not a 100,000 seater stadium. With 10-20k seats at a typical event most seats are decent.

More expensive seats are not always better.
    Floor seats are great for the first two rows, but towards the back of that section the view wouldn't be amazing. Plus you are looking up, and people get in the way.

Going on the prices above. I'd say that the P1 Riser seats would be better than the floor seats, and the $150 seats would be a great view too.

THe venue actually has a 3D interactive map to check out the view.
    http://www.seats3d.com/mv/td_banknorth_garden/stage_center_1/
    Bare in mind, the stage set up in the middle is a generic stage, not the UFC set up. The outer low octagonal fence would be about the size I'd say

Flights booked, accomodation sorted with a friend, cant wait now.

The event tickets are a lot cheaper than i thought, might try and get as close to the cage as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

akelly02 wrote: »
    Flights booked, accomodation sorted with a friend, cant wait now.

The event tickets are a lot cheaper than i thought, might try and get as close to the cage as possible!

Same, if we are going that far may aswell pay the extra for the best seats.
    Did you join Fight Club? Pre sale with them next tuesday 3pm Irish time.

Same, if we are going that far may aswell pay the extra for the best seats.
    Did you join Fight Club? Pre sale with them next tuesday 3pm Irish time.

No didnt join after, my friend in Boston getting them for us, just told him to get the best available. Anyone know any particular sections with near perfect view?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Ticket Prices (not including fees):
    P1 = $185
    P2 = $125
    P3 = $90
    P4 = $75
    P5 = $50
    P6 = $40

The ticket prices I said before are correct add $19 for fees though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I doubt anyone who wants tickets will struggle to get them.

This is on the same day as the NFC and AFC finals and if the Patriots are lining out in the AFC final (especially if it's in Foxborough), nobody in Boston will give a **** about this while that's on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Fromvert wrote: »
    I doubt anyone who wants tickets will struggle to get them.

This is on the same day as the NFC and AFC finals and if the Patriots are lining out in the AFC final (especially if it's in Foxborough), nobody in Boston will give a **** about this while that's on.

Bollox, forgot about that. I've put in my order for tickets already.

AFC Championship is pegged in for that Sunday night at 6:30pm...at least the NFC Championship is on at 3:30pm...but I'm a Pats fan so that doesn't help.

Why did they decide to clash with the NFL, Saturday night would have made waaaay more sense or the weekend after.

What time will the main card start?

EDIT: Main card usually starts at 10pm...AFC Championship should (hopefully) be over by then but i was hoping to catch the undercard too but I'll just have to wait and see if the Pats make it.

Advertisement