Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MMA Podcast

• 29-01-2013 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

The only one i listen to at the moment is an Irish based one 'Talking Brawls'.
    Does anyone know any decent mma podcasts? Not really interested in Joe Rogans:eek:

Any suggestions would be great...:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Yea Talking Brawls is great

Sherdog Radio Network especially The Jordan Breen Show (or Cheap Seats as its now called)

and the Co-Main Event Podcast are the best imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The MMA Hour is good, but its too long imo. Normally runs 3 hours.

Joe Rogans podcast has little to do with MMA. It can be interesting, but its not an MMA podcast.

Yea Rogan has done a few great podcasts with MMA fighters including Chael Sonnen, Josh Barnett, Urijah Faber, Enson Inoue and a few others i'm probably forgetting

• Registered Users Posts: 25 smiley2742

Any links to the Irish podcasts... Be nice to catch up as I live in oz!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Luke Thomas from MMAFighting.com does one today at 6pm which would be my favourite. Jordan Breen is always funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

smiley2742 wrote: »
    Any links to the Irish podcasts... Be nice to catch up as I live in oz!

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/talking-brawls-mma-podcast/id536205226

Thanks for the feedback lads, i'll give them all a bash!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gusryan100

Hey

We've launched a new podast called The Mixed Martial Arts Review. Episode 1 features interviews with Conor McGregor, Norman Parke and Gunni Nelson.

You can get it on our SoundCloud account The Mixed Martial Arts Review or over at Balls.ie

If you think its worth it please like our Facebook page The Mixed Martial Arts Review and follow us on Twitter @TheMMAReviewPod

gusryan100 wrote: »
    Hey

We've launched a new podast called The Mixed Martial Arts Review. Episode 1 features interviews with Conor McGregor, Norman Parke and Gunni Nelson.

You can get it on our SoundCloud account The Mixed Martial Arts Review or over at Balls.ie

If you think its worth it please like our Facebook page The Mixed Martial Arts Review and follow us on Twitter @TheMMAReviewPod

Following the Twitter account lads, Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nmg4

Any feedback always welcome, let us know , Niall here @talkingbrawls . Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I can't stand the co main event pod.

Like pro mma radio and also liked the espn one that just finished up. I would say the mma hour though is the most polished and with the best guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

The MMA Report on the Live Audio Wrestling site is a good weekly round up of news and has one or two interviews each week as well.

Mmajunkie radio is another option but it's 2 hours a day and aimed at the real hardcore. I've only dipped in and out of it over the last 2 months or so but anytime I've listened to it I've enjoyed it. The presenters (and callers) do seem to know their stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

I'm a big fan of MMA Roasted, formerly Chokes and Jokes. An american podcast that's more for comedy purposes than anything else, always has elite fighters as guests, good to see the fighters showing their sense of humour. Shows you a new side to many of the fighters. Before listening to that I always thought that all the alpha male fighters would be jocks that take them selves too seriously but a fair few of them have been on the podcast and they all seem like stand up guys who have no problem with jokes being made about them

Sean McCorkle made a great joke on it, "Mitrione has less wrestling than the 2020 olympics".

It's around an hour and a really good listen if you want to hear the fighters making fun of themselves.

Sherdog's beatdown podcast is fantastic but there's lengthy adds in it every 20 minutes or so so I just cant listen to it anymore. The content itself is great but the ads ruin it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mixed Martial Arts Review

Hi Guys,

Mark from the Mixed Martial Arts Review here, just wanted to update you on latest developments with the podcast.

Setanta are now hosting our podcast which is being re-christened as Setanta's MMA show. The podcast will be available on iTunes and Soundcloud.

The podcast will feature UFC previews and reviews, Irish news (which is very important to us if you listen to the usual podcast) stand alone big name feature interviews and a focus on a new issue every week.

"Outside the Octagon" - will focus on news away from the UFC and "Get off the Fence" is a section that will focus issues in MMA.

The reason we're doing this is that with Setanta and some additional resources behind us we think we can deliver an even better quality podcast more regularly. Myself and Fergus are also working on some other stuff outside of this as well as our goal was always to produce quality MMA coverage that could explain the complexities of MMA to the layman while not dumbing it down for others in Ireland. (To add to some already good stuff out there.)

We think the Mixed Martial Arts Review was good and we hope we can kick on again with this. We would love any feedback and thanks for your patience with this post...with the new podcast we won't get everything right but we'll try our best each time.

Here's the spiel and link for this week's episode(I'm assured the iTunes feed will be up tomorrow too!):

"In this first episode Mark O’Toole and Fergus Ryan will preview all the fights taking place at this weekend’s UFC Fight Night 26 in Boston.

We’ll hear from Brad Pickett, one of the UFC’s most exciting stars, on his fight with Michael McDonald, his upcoming nuptials and his impression of Conor McGregor.

Later on we’ll have a roundup of the latest Irish MMA news, plus a special ‘Get off the Fence’ feature with the Telegraph’s Gareth A. Davies who’ll be looking at the rise of European fighters and their perception in the US."

http://www.setanta.com/ie/episode-1-setanta-mma-show/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

^Mark O'toole as in the fighter?

Confused.

Edit: Not the mark O'toole I was thinking of sorry, listening to it now.

Chewabacca wrote: »
    ^Mark O'toole as in the fighter?

Confused.

Edit: Not the mark O'toole I was thinking of sorry, listening to it now.

Thanks. Hope you like!

Nope MMA League and a few grappling tournaments is as far as I got myself! Although I do have a mate called Stevie Lynch too...

Would love your thoughts on the pod!

Just to inform everyone that our podcast is on iTunes now as well as Soundcloud.

Our latest podcast featuring an interview with Brian Moore is here: https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/ep-7-little-legends-ufc-fight/id703528914?i=167143654&mt=2

We have a couple of big interviews coming up and if people want to ask a few questions to our guests we're on @setantammashow

In other news after one day on iTunes we are Number 9 in the sports charts and 21 overall in Ireland. The podcast immediately ahead of us is Severe MMA's Hangout.... really happy that two Irish focused MMA podcasts are up there with podcasts from Off The Ball, RTE and Second Captains.

I'm of the belief this is a watershed year for Irish MMA and it's amazing to cover what some coaches and fighters are doing.

If anyone wants to give us some feedback I'd appreciate it and a good rating or comment on the iTunes review helps support the pod.

SevereMMA's "The MMA Hangout" is available in video form at http://www.youtube.com/user/SDTimeout/videos

It is also now on iTunes as Mark said

You can subscribe here - https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/the-mma-hangout/id700402427?mt=2

It is hosted by Andrew Mc Gahon and so far has featured Sherdog.com's Jordan Breen, Entertainment.ie's John Balfe, John Redmond, Paul Cowzer, Harry Williams, Barry Oglesby and Fergus Ryan as guests.

Here is the latest episode with Sherdog.com's Jordan Breen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Right lads, what are we listening to nowadays? Getting a bit bored of Rogan talking about stand up with his buddies and the other podcasts I listen to. Any decent MMA ones these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe24

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Right lads, what are we listening to nowadays? Getting a bit bored of Rogan talking about stand up with his buddies and the other podcasts I listen to. Any decent MMA ones these days?

The Co Main Event podcast is about an hour and released every Tuesday morning. The hosts probably aren't to everyone's taste. They do tend to criticise the UFC heavily when they feel it is warranted but at, the same time, they give them credit where it's due. I think Ben Fowlkes talks a lot of sense and enjoy this show every week.

I also listen to the MMA Report on the Fight Network website. It's basically a catch up on the weeks news and usually an interview with a fighter and/or journalist discussing news/upcoming fights, etc. Again, it's about an hour long.

IMO they are two that might be worth checking out if you haven't tried them before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Chael Sonnen's is hillarious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Chael Sonnen's is hillarious

Didn't like it myself though I only listened to the first two episodes. He talked too much about himself rather than asking the guest questions imo. I listen to the Mma Hour on a Monday and the MMA Beat on a Thursday , I'd also listen to The Fighter & the Kid which is more comedy based - it's pretty good at times if you can tolerate Brendan Schaub who gets pretty annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The Great MMA Debate. Features Matt Brown and Mark Coleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Fighter and the Kid is hilarious. Really good. Although, it's mostly about the chemistry between them because I don't mind Schaub too much, but can't stand him or the show when Callen isn't on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R.F.

MrStuffins wrote: »

Ive always thought Ariel Hewani's is comfortably the best

Advertisement