Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Looking at his stats his driving appears to be all over the place but he scrambling very well.

I love Tiger and all but it a pity we need to see every single shot he takes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Looking at his stats his driving appears to be all over the place but he scrambling very well.

I love Tiger and all but it a pity we need to see every single shot he takes

Not just his shots today........historical shots.......we watch him waiting on the tee......etc Cringe.

Yes, Padraig's tee shots are wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

vienne86 wrote: »
    Not just his shots today........historical shots.......we watch him waiting on the tee......etc Cringe.

Yes, Padraig's tee shots are wild.

Uneal stuff from Padraig in bad positions.

Uneal stuff from Padraig in bad positions.

Terrific scrambling. Vintage Harrington. GIR only 40%!

Come on Padraig - Birdie time.

In the absence of ForeRight.

If he can get to -2 , he is back.

• Advertisement

Nice drive on 2.......middle of the fairway....WOW!

Nice drive on 2.......middle of the fairway....WOW!

Not good,

He is better off in the crap it seems :confused:

Looks Bogey time.

- Never ever say he is back.

Only ForeRight can do that.

Bloody hell. When he finally gets a great drive away, he finishes up with a bogey having visited a greenside bunder en route to the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Bloody hell. When he finally gets a great drive away, he finishes up with a bogey having visited a greenside bunder en route to the hole.

Had he made birdie - hed be in 25th place now - but dropping a shot means hes in 65th

Frustrating :eek:

• Advertisement

Seems to have dropped 2. +1 now. Ah come on Padraig. You gotta stay ahead of Tiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Did he just hole out on his 8th for eagle to get back to Level? I think he did?! Haha

Play seems to be suspended so he'll finish his last hole tomorrow. Absolutely all over the place so he'll probably be happy with Level par!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Did he just hole out on his 8th for eagle to get back to Level? I think he did?! Haha

Play seems to be suspended so he'll finish his last hole tomorrow. Absolutely all over the place so he'll probably be happy with Level par!

There's no way I'm getting my hopes there!
    It is PH and it is Shot Tracker after all :)
    We'll probably wake up tomorrow to find it was a double

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

There's no way I'm getting my hopes there!
    It is PH and it is Shot Tracker after all :)
    We'll probably wake up tomorrow to find it was a double

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Dero123

Was definitely an eagle picture on Twitter of him picking it out

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Dero123

Was definitely an eagle picture on Twitter of him picking it out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭abff

So it was a bit of a roller coaster after I went to bed! Heard about that eagle on RTE. So he's level par after all that. The 40% odd GIR is worrying - he can't get away with it for ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

His playing partners haven't completed the hole, he obviously play better in the dark :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

So it was a bit of a roller coaster after I went to bed! Heard about that eagle on RTE. So he's level par after all that. The 40% odd GIR is worrying - he can't get away with it for ever!

<positive spin klaxon>!!!

Hopefully last night was just the brushing off of the cob webs after a 7 week lay off. What seems to be clear is that his scrambling is decent. It seemed like the kind of round that could have gone away from him very early but with a bit of luck, seems to have kept things on track. I think making the cut and driving on from there will be a solid start to the season. Its a strong field and if he makes it to the weekend, it will be good for his morale. The last thing any of us want is a missed cut in the first outing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    <positive spin klaxon>!!!

Hopefully last night was just the brushing off of the cob webs after a 7 week lay off. What seems to be clear is that his scrambling is decent. It seemed like the kind of round that could have gone away from him very early but with a bit of luck, seems to have kept things on track. I think making the cut and driving on from there will be a solid start to the season. Its a strong field and if he makes it to the weekend, it will be good for his morale. The last thing any of us want is a missed cut in the first outing!

Finishing off with an Eagle was nice :D

time will tell how he progresses

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Starts his second round with a bogey....according to the tracker he three putted from 14 feet !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭newport2

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    Starts his second round with a bogey....according to the tracker he three putted from 14 feet !!

Short of green in two, chipped to 14 feet and two putted.

He's hit the fairway on the second, which is good!

newport2 wrote: »
    Short of green in two, chipped to 14 feet and two putted.

He's hit the fairway on the second, which is good!

Sorry.....looks like he has bogeyed the second also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    Sorry.....looks like he has bogeyed the second also.

Urggg....not looking good....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭abff

His short game doesn't seem to be doing the job today. On the fairway just short of the green on each of the first two holes and failed to get up and down from 13 yards on the 1st and 29 yards on the 2nd.

His tee shots seemed awful yesterday, but he scrambled brilliantly. Maybe not getting away with it today. Started bogey, bogey, par.

Good tee shot on 4th, 20 ft left for birdie

Good tee shot on 4th, 20 ft left for birdie

And he's rolled it in!

• Advertisement

And he's rolled it in!

Unfortunately handed it back with a bogey on the next hole.

It feels like 2014 again :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement