Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not Happy with Dress

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sara1

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

That is absolutely 100% not the same dress. It's obvious to anyone! Completely different cut and fabric. Didn't you say the sample size was bigger? The one they had made looks bigger in some places and smaller in others!

Fair play for getting a refund... And your dream dress! I'll be interested to see what happens next! Best of luck with the wedding :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Thanks guys.. The last time I spoke to her I said something along the lines of "Come on ******, we both know that dress didn't come from the Designer" and her reaction was "Yes it did" in a very defensive tone.

If I were an innocent shop owner who had nothing to hide I would make it my business to prove myself in the right, I'd be bringing the accuser in to see paperwork etc. I wouldn't just hand the money straight back that day.

She wanted rid of me ASAP.

My new dress is nothing like that one.. totally different shape and shade etc.. I don't ever want to see anything that resembles it again LOL :P well, on me anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Damn,missed the dress pics!!
    Delighted you got sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Sod it, missed the pictures. Delighted you got sorted and so fast. I have to say I was worried for you at the start!! Have a amazing wedding day and a happy ever after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Missed the pics too, damn :P

I just read the thread from start to finish, am so beyond delighted for you that you got sorted!! The woman in that shop sounds like the biggest chancer, definitely just wanted rid of you ASAP.

Any chance you could send me on pics and name of the place? I have 2 friends looking for dresses at the moment, want to warn them away.

Can't wait to hear what the people from the designers office respond with :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Missed the pics too. Would love to see them as I'm dress shopping myself at the minute. Op if it's not too much hassle could you pm them please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

I'd like to see the dress pictures as well if you can.
    I'm looking at dresses myself. My sister and friends are mostly abroad and i feel kinda weird bringing my mom to the bridal boutiques?
    Actually thinking of getting a dress online..but then thought a proper shop in Ireland might be better! but after your horrible story I don't know what to do!

btw i know a couple brides that went to the Smart Brides and really recommend them! Do you know do they stock much size 6-8?

Oh a side note. What bra do you wear going in these shops? I have very small breasts i'm pretty sure i wont "lift" certain types of dresses with my chest ! But i'm really bad with nubras. I ordered an upbra still waiting for delivery tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Nothing to add that hasn't already been said - except to say I loved your hair in the photos! Gorgeous!

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Blue firefly, my mum was there when I chose my dress. Would have felt weird if she wasn't.

A strapless bra is best so you can try all types on but don't worry about lifting, most of the dresses are so structured they do all the lifting for you.

It's your choice as to where you want to get your dress but unless you can get an online retailer that someone you know recommended and you can see the quality then take care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Damn,missed the dress pics!!
    Delighted you got sorted

google cache?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Hard to tell how heavy the satin is from a pic, but the first pic definitely looks like it flows down or sits heavier than the other pics where it's a bit crumpled and fluffed up looking, and the detailing and sparkle in the lace is also quite evidently different.
    Your hair did look lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

Hi xzanti,

If you don't mind would you also pm me the name about to start looking and your story is a scary tale so glad you got sorted I missed the pic's but delighted you found the perfect gown sorry you had to go such a stressful time first though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Missed the pics, but just thinking it would make you wonder if this particular shop has pulled this stunt before, and got away with it.
    Have to say, my heart went out to you, xzanti when I read your first post.

What a rotten, rotten thing for that woman to do, and being so offhand with you, telling you the rag she had waiting for you, was your dress. I wouldn't be shy about telling friends and family where it happened. Word of mouth is very powerful, in giving feedback on a business, whether good or bad.

When you posted that you had your refund, and found your dress all in one day, I was so delighted, for you.
    Hope that's the only hitch, in the lead up, and that you have a fantastic day. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Isa the picslast night and i have to agree it looks like a knockoff. The worksmanship on it was very poor and not representative of a designer dress. When you consider the price of wedding dresses it's unbelievable that they could try and pass that off as the designers dress.

Have you heard anything back from the designer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lossagh

Just read though all of this, how appalling! Glad you got it sorted out. I'm currently dress shopping myself, would someone who knows what shop this is please PM the name? Thanks.

I still haven't heard anything back from the Designer, but I will keep you posted.

Re my hair in the pics, it was just up in a donut bun :D needed to see what it'd be like in an updo. Thanks though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Missed the pics too, would love to see them if possible? A good friend of mine just booked her wedding, could you possibly pm me the store name too? Glad you got sorted in the end! Hope that's the last of the drama for you in the lead up to your big day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 samdavis

Found this thread yesterday, delighted it was sorted so fast (and also gutted I missed the pics) but can't wait to hear the reply from the designer........I was a bridesmaid at my sister's wedding last year and also made her wedding cake, so I've been through the whole process. It's crazy how you can get so caught up in things and be second guessing yourself, and almost afraid to speak your mind, but again, so happy it got sorted, best wishes x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Hi xzanti, would you mind PMing the name of the shop to me also?

By the way, I saw the pics the night you posted them and your dress was shocking compared to the sample. There definitely sounds like they are pulling some kind of scam. And I agree with the others - your hair was fab!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I wish I had seen the pictures. Im not dress shopping, just intrigued!

I wasn't in work today as I had a scheduled root canal (I know, my lucky week isn't it) :D

I would expect there to be a reply from the Designer on Monday in my work email. If not I'll shall take my enquiry to Phone/Facebook/Twitter/Morse Code/Smoke Signals......

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

Oh god I can't handle the wedding forum lately. I am on the edge of my seat!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

xzanti wrote: »
    I wasn't in work today as I had a scheduled root canal (I know, my lucky week isn't it) :D

I would expect there to be a reply from the Designer on Monday in my work email. If not I'll shall take my enquiry to Phone/Facebook/Twitter/Morse Code/Smoke Signals......

Don't know if i can wait that long!!!!!!!

Oh..p.s your sample dress was fab, I'm sure the new one is even better ☺

The Designer came back to me today and have, to my absolute shock and amazement taken responsibility for the dress.

The lady who emailed me assured me that it was a once off etc, and that they have since changed their dressmakers.

I'm gobsmacked, I would have bet my life on it being a knockoff!!

Anyway, in fairness to the Outlet (and although I know she tried to cover up the fact that it was obviously a botch job), there was nothing untoward going on. It was ordered from the Designer and all was above board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

I'm sure it will be a relief for any brides who may have already ordered dresses from there... annoying that the store tried to pull the wool (or in this case cheap-a$$ crappy lace) over your eyes though.

At least you're sorted now! Best outcome...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭fits

The Designer came back to me today and have, to my absolute shock and amazement taken responsibility for the dress.

The lady who emailed me assured me that it was a once off etc, and that they have since changed their dressmakers.

Anyway, in fairness to the Outlet (and although I know she tried to cover up the fact that it was obviously a botch job), there was nothing untoward going on. It was ordered from the Designer and all was above board.

I'm actually not surprised. They are not the only make to have quality issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

Thrilled that you got a resolution to all this and are happy with our new dress, can't imagine the stress of that so close to the big day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Thanks for the update xzanti.

I'm still shocked that the woman in the shop, (who must have known just by looking at it, that it was botched), still tried to pawn it off on you, and was so offhand with you, and demanding that you paid on the day you went in.

Well done on your handling of the situation, and hopefully if anyone on here finds themselves in a similar scenario, they will be able to fight the good fight, after reading this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭streetcar

Hi xzanti,

would you be able to PM me the name of the shop and the pics (as well as the designer name!). I just read the thread and am so glad you got it all sorted in the end. Still though, not the experience you were looking for when you have waited so long for the dress.

Good luck with the big day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement