Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching the skiing on German TV

Options
  • 22-01-2015 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

We have a dish pointed at 19.2 (the satellite that carries the German & Austrian TV channels as well as some Swiss, French & Italian I think), but rarely watch anything on those channels. I was just thinking the other day that they presumably carry a lot in the way of Winter sports on them, or at least more than Ski Sunday.

I've tuned in German Eurosport and something called Sport 1 I think and will check them over the weekend, but can anyone advise what other (free/non-encrypted) channels are likely to have a good bit of winter sports coverage?

Thanks,

z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭khc

ORF & RAI but you'll be listening to German & Italian commentary....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

A lot of national TV stations broadcast on the internet, but you will have to use a VPN service that gives you an IP address for the country to which the station is broadcast from. Its not really that much hassle to set it up.

If you get yourself a Norwegian VPN, they have excellent coverage for nearly all major ski events for free here:

http://tv.nrk.no/direkte/nrk1

If you find some german TV stations that broadcast online you could use this Chrome plugin to give you a German IP address:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zenmate-security-privacy/fdcgdnkidjaadafnichfpabhfomcebme

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

zagmund wrote: »
    I've tuned in German Eurosport and something called Sport 1 I think and will check them over the weekend, but can anyone advise what other (free/non-encrypted) channels are likely to have a good bit of winter sports coverage?
    ZDF has a good bit of winter sport coverage, in HD too, better than Eurosport which is only SD.

Advertisement