Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski resorts near Milan Bergamo Airport

Options
  • 15-01-2015 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi guys
    There are 6 of us heading skiing for 3 days in late Feb.
    We are flying into Bergamo airport and had planned to head to Sauze d'Oulx.
    However I am finding it difficult to get accommodation.
    Is there other resorts ye would recommend
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Isay wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Thanks

Have a look at Pila!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Wat

Sauze d'Oulx is like 100 miles from Bergamo. Go to Livigno.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Inconspicuous

Wat

Sauze d'Oulx is like 100 miles from Bergamo. Go to Livigno.

:confused: Livigno is 187KM (116 miles) from Bergamo.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Most italian resorts are a long transfer from Bergamo. I did 4 days in Madonna Di Campiglio and that's 177km. It was a three hour transfer but we had a great few days. Lovely resort but no big Apres Ski scene.

We stayed here http://www.hotelcimedorocampiglio.it/en/home-hotel-cime-doro-madonna-di-campiglio-trentino-alto-adige.html

Really nice hotel and the couple who run it are very nice. They run a free bus to the main lifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

Cervinia 2 and a half hours from Bergamo, Pila slightly less, you can get more or less a full day's skiing on way back with those flights, I'm just back from both. Cervinia would be great if there wasn't a risk of resort closing due to wind (three of the four days we were there, hence why I ended up in Pila)

Skied Pila out in about 4 hours, it would be a great resort if there was fresh snow, lots of off piste, but the two highest chairlifts are painfully slow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭maddness

Isay wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Thanks

Have you tried booking.com for Sauze?
    Or try Sestiere.

:confused: Livigno is 187KM (116 miles) from Bergamo.......

It is in its arse, it's about 100KM as the crow flies. Oulz is over 200KM; I underestimated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

It is in its arse, it's about 100KM as the crow flies. Oulz is over 200KM; I underestimated.
    In fairness you don't reach a resort as the crow flies. You need to drive around the mountains unless you have access to a helicopter!! BTW have no clue distance of either resort from Bergamo but I do know transfer time to Livinio from milan is approx 4 hours.

bovril wrote: »
    In fairness you don't reach a resort as the crow flies

Well if you want to play that game, then Sauze d'Oulx is 263KM from Bergamo by road, through two major cities. Homeboy would be better off flying direct to Turin if that's his destination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Go to Soll. All the fun crows fly there ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Well if you want to play that game, then Sauze d'Oulx is 263KM from Bergamo by road, through two major cities. Homeboy would be better off flying direct to Turin if that's his destination.

Doesn't matter about the kilometres in this case it would seem. Look up directions to both resorts from Bergamo by car and you'll see it's approx 45 minutes quicker to sauze. I presume this is to do with quality of the roads! Yes Turin is nearer but from Bergamo sauze is quicker to get to than livigno.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Inconspicuous

bovril wrote: »
    Doesn't matter about the kilometres in this case it would seem. Look up directions to both resorts from Bergamo by car and you'll see it's approx 45 minutes quicker to sauze. I presume this is to do with quality of the roads! Yes Turin is nearer but from Bergamo sauze is quicker to get to than livigno.

Exactly! Almost 40 minutes quicker to Sauze than to Livigino by car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

There are lots near Bgy

Google : ski lombardia

Madesimo, not far

Smaller ones, Carona, Foppolo, SAn Simone, Piazzatorre, 60km from Bgy, although with the exception of Madesimo, these are small resorts, so if you want lots, of km of pistes, not suitable

If you are hiring a car, why not. stay within striking distance of one of the ski resorts, you cannot get accom in (say a town 10-15 km away)

k123456 wrote: »
    There are lots near Bgy

Google : ski lombardia

Madesimo, not far

Smaller ones, Carona, Foppolo, SAn Simone, Piazzatorre, 60km from Bgy, although with the exception of Madesimo, these are small resorts, so if you want lots, of km of pistes, not suitable

If you are hiring a car, why not. stay within striking distance of one of the ski resorts, you cannot get accom in (say a town 10-15 km away)

I'd recommend Madesimo but stay in the resort or else you'll be driving up and down 20 switchback turns each day which is slightly lairy and annoying. If you're after decent nightlife though go to Sauze d'oulx - can get there by car or train and bus. with a group better to go by car as probably a bit cheaper and definitely quicker. with 6 probably cheaper to rent 2 small cars rather than one big one that would take six.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Isay

Thanks everybody
    Managed to get accommodation down in Oulx
    Any of ye know about ski buses?

Looking forward to it

glasso wrote: »
    I'd recommend Madesimo but stay in the resort or else you'll be driving up and down 20 switchback turns each day which is slightly lairy and annoying. If you're after decent nightlife though go to Sauze d'oulx - can get there by car or train and bus. with a group better to go by car as probably a bit cheaper and definitely quicker. with 6 probably cheaper to rent 2 small cars rather than one big one that would take six.

although tolls are 30 euro each way per car to Sauze from Bergamo. Maybe better to try to fit into 1 large car if you can get one for cheap. don't know about ski buses from oulx to sauze - don't think that the skibus goes to oulx but I could be wrong on that. I know that there is a public bus running at certain times that costs 5 euro each way, takes about 15 minutes. might be cheaper to get a taxi organised each day with 6 of you as 6 x 5 x 2 = 60 euro - or use your car if you can find a parking spot. if you plan being out at night not sure how easy it would be to get back to oulx. might be worth looking again at accommodation actually in Sauze. have you tried air b n b which could work out well if you have 6 people. if you plan on heading out at night it's much better to be nearer.

https://www.airbnb.ie/s/Sauze-D'oulx--Turin--Italy?sw_lat=45.017028079294995&sw_lng=6.850882577233278&ne_lat=45.03152600554527&ne_lng=6.872597741417849&zoom=15&search_by_map=true&ss_id=fx949wa1

like this place

https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/2063898?checkin=19-02-2015&checkout=22-02-2015&guests=6&s=LxRg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

is and its hole it a long ****ing drive at least 3-4 hrs

Advertisement