Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeltacht for a 1st year

Options
  • 25-02-2015 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I'm sending my Daughter to the Gaeltacht this year, I was thinking of Colaiste Cholumba but the reviews seem to be pretty mixed.
    I want her to get a better grasp of Irish, but even the pictures on their site show very large class sizes.
    Has anyone been recently or sent their kids there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭deisemum

One of my lads went to An Rinn, in Waterford. The Bean an Ti made sure they were well fed and they had lovely rooms. He really enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

For a first year, I'd consider Coláiste Íde outside of Dingle. They stay on site, so no walking home after classes/céilí etc. Has sports facilities on site as well.

Advertisement